T-Mobile FOTA APN?

Search This thread

televate

May 22, 2009
OnePlus 8T
This may seem like an odd question, but it might be Group related?

I go to my APN list, and there are 3 apns listed. They are as follows...

T-Mobile Data, T-Mobile FOTA, T-Mobile MMS.

I saw a post on engadget about the official froyo update for the EVO 4G, and it had the same FOTA abbreviation in the screenshot for the OTA update. Knowing that .the EVO runs the Sense UI, could this mean that T-Mobile is gearing up for an official froyo update? Again this could all be coincidence, but I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

BTW, I'm running the champion build with the latest build, rooted of course.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 370

televate

May 22, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Latest radio, not build lol. I should really spell check before I post.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It just the server that they send ota updates on.... it can send any update through the apn; entire new os builds like 2.2 or just minor ones like a software update for sync contacts fix. I doubt we'll see froyo until late fall. Sense usually takes longer but maybe we'll be surprised and get it in a month? Who knows...

dynamikd

Oct 19, 2008
APN

This may seem like an odd question, but it might be Group related?

I go to my APN list, and there are 3 apns listed. They are as follows...

T-Mobile Data, T-Mobile FOTA, T-Mobile MMS.

I saw a post on engadget about the official froyo update for the EVO 4G, and it had the same FOTA abbreviation in the screenshot for the OTA update. Knowing that .the EVO runs the Sense UI, could this mean that T-Mobile is gearing up for an official froyo update? Again this could all be coincidence, but I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

BTW, I'm running the champion build with the latest build, rooted of course.

I had the same 3 APN's but here is the kicker, when I was having MMS trouble, the rep actually had me remove the T-Mobile MMS APN. So I am not sure if the APN's hold a significant value for the froyo update.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I had the same 3 APN's but here is the kicker, when I was having MMS trouble, the rep actually had me remove the T-Mobile MMS APN. So I am not sure if the APN's hold a significant value for the froyo update.

What?! How do you get mms/sms if your mms apn is deleted?! That makes no sense... One is data: the other is mms: and the other is for ota. What's so complicated about that?

falken98

Jun 11, 2010
What?! How do you get mms/sms if your mms apn is deleted?! That makes no sense... One is data: the other is mms: and the other is for ota. What's so complicated about that?

Well, it would solve your MMS problem. Now you just don't have to worry about it anymore cause you can't send or receive them no matter what! :cool:

Gootah

Apr 5, 2007
Brooklyn
BUT!

Well, it would solve your MMS problem. Now you just don't have to worry about it anymore cause you can't send or receive them no matter what! :cool:

If I'm not mistaken the normal APN has MMS settings filled in, for some reason u only need the minimal to send and recieve MMS messages. Not all tha fields you needed for WinMo

falken98

Jun 11, 2010
If I'm not mistaken the normal APN has MMS settings filled in, for some reason u only need the minimal to send and recieve MMS messages. Not all tha fields you needed for WinMo

Ah. That may work if MMS is configured in to the regular APN as well, never tried that. I don't use t-mobile so I don't have the access point info to look at. :)

dynamikd

Oct 19, 2008
Ah. That may work if MMS is configured in to the regular APN as well, never tried that. I don't use t-mobile so I don't have the access point info to look at. :)

I removed the MMS APN but filled the other APN with the mms setting.