Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

In development: ÁIRC - An opensource IRC client

OP Wr4i7h

3rd August 2010, 12:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
Hello. I am announcing this project here in hope of gathering feedback from the XDA-dev community. A friend of mine and me have been developing this app for a while now, and we think it has reached a point where it is quite usable and presentable. It's still a bit rough around the edges and lacking in advanced features, but we're working to improve it.

Screenshots:

Windows Mobile 6.1 QVGA

Windows Mobile 6.5 VGA

Project home:
http://code.google.com/p/microirc/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/microirc/do...e=microIRC.zip

Enjoy.
Last edited by Wr4i7h; 3rd August 2010 at 04:50 PM.
4th August 2010, 12:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski
Thanks Meter: 2

206 posts
More
wow nice app! Is possible to set host to any www site chat?

If cabbed your app - "Wr4i7t's microIRC Client"
Attached Files
File Type: cab Wr4i7h's ÁIRC Client.cab - [Click for QR Code] (157.2 KB, 74 views)
Last edited by FRANQ_23_PL; 4th August 2010 at 12:55 PM.
4th August 2010, 01:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oswego, Il
Thanks Meter: 17

765 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you accept donations, cause I have been looking for a program like this. I would love to see it grow.
4th August 2010, 02:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Meter: 10

592 posts
More
If this gets blowfish and Linknet/SSL support at some point that would certainly make me donate!
All the existing IRC clients sadly dont seem to want to integrate this library meaning I can never read anything in my channels.

I know this is a first version and these are most likely very advanced requests but if the app is not "built" with this in mind it might not be implementable at a later point.
I have no idea on programming so thats nothing I can help on but I would gladly beta-test any new functions for you.

But for actually starting this project (since all others died) I already have to give you all a big THANKS!!!
4th August 2010, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANQ_23_PL

wow nice app! Is possible to set host to any www site chat?

This app is an IRC client, so it can only connect to IRC servers. However, in the unlikely case that such a site were to use an IRC backend, you could connect to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANQ_23_PL

If cabbed your app - "Wr4i7t's microIRC Client"

Thanks for the cab. We're planning to distribute cabs once the app is a bit more mature. However, I'd like to point out that I'm not even the main developer, so don't give me all the credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyDivine

Do you accept donations, cause I have been looking for a program like this. I would love to see it grow.

Thanks. We're considering adding a donate button. Check the project's page for updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilcase

If this gets blowfish and Linknet/SSL support at some point that would certainly make me donate!
All the existing IRC clients sadly dont seem to want to integrate this library meaning I can never read anything in my channels.

I know this is a first version and these are most likely very advanced requests but if the app is not "built" with this in mind it might not be implementable at a later point.
I have no idea on programming so thats nothing I can help on but I would gladly beta-test any new functions for you.

But for actually starting this project (since all others died) I already have to give you all a big THANKS!!!

We'll consider adding that feature in the future. Right now, there are other priorities, since the app is still lacking in some very basic aspects, so it can still be a while before we get to it.

Thanks for all your feedback.
5th August 2010, 01:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up Nice work
Awesome client.
In fact the first IRC klient I have tried, where you can actually join channels/networks of your own pick. It runs smoothly on my HD2.
6th August 2010, 01:06 AM   |  #7  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 278

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
once you get close to zsIRC stability (for me and friends at least) let me know, otherwise...

http://zsirc.com/

doesnt get updated often, but havent needed to for the 3 servers and 15 channels i use... cheers (i look forward to a more oft updated IRC client)
6th August 2010, 11:58 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162

once you get close to zsIRC stability (for me and friends at least) let me know, otherwise...

http://zsirc.com/

doesnt get updated often, but havent needed to for the 3 servers and 15 channels i use... cheers (i look forward to a more oft updated IRC client)

The program is actually quite stable right now. What it really lacks is functionality. But yeah, for actual day-to-day usage, you're better off with zsirc, for the time being.
11th August 2010, 12:10 AM   |  #9  

80 posts
Really awesome, been looking for something like this for a while

Just needs more stability and functionality, but otherwise I'm using it just fine

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread