Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc hd2 android for dummies

Tip us?

lockb05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Htc hd2 android for dummies

OK.....People on and creators of this forum automatically assume that everyone knows what all of these terms and different words are? Speaking for myself only, I am patent my self as being a pretty smart guy I am in college and I have a pretty decent GPA, but I play football and study marketing. I dont know nor do I have to figure out how to do flash my phone etc. Is there not a cab or a simple way to get android on the HD2. I currently have the Samsung Vibrant and HD2 and are torn between the 2. I want the HD2 hardware but like the vibrant software. Is there not a simple way or can I pay someone in the Dallas TX area to put a WORKING version of Android on my phone. Or is there a simple way step by step broken down lamest terms way to do this. I am overwhelmed with all of the stuff on this website. I know i can probably sit down and read and figure out how to do all of this but I dont have the time nor patience. I JUST WANT THE WORKING ANDROID ON MY DEVICE. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME???????????i WILL PAY SOMEONE

Hatefly
Old
Thanks Meter 11
At this time, Android on the HD2 is neither worth your time, or patience. The reason I say that is because pretty much every build is nothing like a native device; it will have bugs, freezes, etc.

Either you invest some time, and a little patience, or just spend the money on Android native.

Good luck!

KowboyBebop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well you should reconsider the "pretty smart guy" part.
There is a stickied thread ★★★The Definitve Guide To Android On HTC HD2 ★★★ which cant be easier to understand.
If you cant make it following this super easy guide, you should buy native ANDROID device or just use your winmo.
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V4
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | FPSeCE Compability list
Holy****! It's BeefSupreme!

lockb05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KowboyBebop View Post
Well you should reconsider the "pretty smart guy" part.
There is a stickied thread ★★★The Definitve Guide To Android On HTC HD2 ★★★ which cant be easier to understand.
If you cant make it following this super easy guide, you should buy native ANDROID device or just use your winmo.

The subliminal criticism isnt necessary homie...chill out

vdawg7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockb05 View Post
OK.....People on and creators of this forum automatically assume that everyone knows what all of these terms and different words are? Speaking for myself only, I am patent my self as being a pretty smart guy I am in college and I have a pretty decent GPA, but I play football and study marketing. I dont know nor do I have to figure out how to do flash my phone etc. Is there not a cab or a simple way to get android on the HD2. I currently have the Samsung Vibrant and HD2 and are torn between the 2. I want the HD2 hardware but like the vibrant software. Is there not a simple way or can I pay someone in the Dallas TX area to put a WORKING version of Android on my phone. Or is there a simple way step by step broken down lamest terms way to do this. I am overwhelmed with all of the stuff on this website. I know i can probably sit down and read and figure out how to do all of this but I dont have the time nor patience. I JUST WANT THE WORKING ANDROID ON MY DEVICE. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME???????????i WILL PAY SOMEONE
For being "a pretty smart" guy you've got horrible spelling and grammar.
You say you are patient but contradict yourself in the same post by saying "I dont have the time nor patience."

I didn't know any of terms used here last week, but as someone said earlier the instructions xda provides is more than enough to understand whats going on. Just use your brain and read. Otherwise, just get a real android phone.

lockb05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdawg7 View Post
For being "a pretty smart" guy you've got horrible spelling and grammar.
You say you are patient but contradict yourself in the same post by saying "I dont have the time nor patience."

I didn't know any of terms used here last week, but as someone said earlier the instructions xda provides is more than enough to understand whats going on. Just use your brain and read. Otherwise, just get a real android phone.
I said I "patent"(maybe grammar and spelling isnt your thing either) my self on being a pretty smart guy, meaning I dont know everything......Computers is one of my weak points ..... I just want android homie Im not trying to waste my time bickering with someone online I got waaaaaaay more important things to do like studying and making good grades on this FULL scholarship I have, and whether my grammar and spelling is perfect or not Im about to have a degree and graduate school with 0 loans and when I get drafted Im sure I can get some one to put android on my hd2.

lockb05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
lets say I do all those steps posted in those links....does android work good yet? All those steps and stuff overwhelm me

vdawg7
Old
(Last edited by vdawg7; 4th August 2010 at 12:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockb05 View Post
I said I "patent"(maybe grammar and spelling isnt your thing either) my self on being a pretty smart guy, meaning I dont know everything......Computers is one of my weak points ..... I just want android homie Im not trying to waste my time bickering with someone online I got waaaaaaay more important things to do like studying and making good grades on this FULL scholarship I have, and whether my grammar and spelling is perfect or not Im about to have a degree and graduate school with 0 loans and when I get drafted Im sure I can get some one to put android on my hd2.
Actually, grammar and spelling is my thing. I'm a court reporter, and when I see your post it drives me bananas. You should seriously focus more on your schooling.

So, let me get this straight...
You want android on your phone, but you don't want to do anything? Think about that for a second.

Nobody here can help you because you are basically asking someone to physically do it for you. The guides provided on this website are more than enough.

As I stated before, I didn't even know what a ROM was last week. If you are so impatient, then just move on. This is not for the computer illiterate.

RJackson
Old
Thanks Meter 20
First thing I'm doing to say: Don't rush into it. I've put down some simple steps, but learn a bit about each stage before you do it. I'm not going to accept responsibility if you do something wrong.

Step 1: HSPL your device. Follow this guide with this HSPL.

Step 2: Flash a radio. I'm using 2.12.50.02_2.

Step 3: Download an Android build. I use Darkstone Froyo v1 with Cotulla's latest zImage (as of 03/08 [DD/MM])..

Step 4: Stick the build on your SD card, and replace the old zImage with the new one.

Step 5: Via WM, run clrcad (nothing will show up, it's normal) and then haret.

fi3ry_icy
Old
Thanks Meter 35
how do we install apps like keyboard apks in hd2 android builds?

i cant find the answer on the forum..