MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Car mode triggered

OP hox37

4th August 2010, 10:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Finally find out how the car mode is triggerd
short circuit the ID Pin of the micro usb conector to any other pin will make my phone into Car mode and the car panel will popup if installed.
The ID-Pin is the 4th pin of the conector wich is the 2nd from left when desire facing up. Since the pc end of a data cable doesn't have the ID-pin, it won't work like this thread said
forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6519276&postcount=10
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdster

Ok went into the workshop and stripped the desire usb lead, I tried every combo of pulling the data lines to ground even both together, the installed navigator.apk didnt kick in , but looking at a reatime system dump i could see usbconnected and type(0) , type (1), type(2) had been triggered, on the differnt combo's i tested, why its not kicking in is anyones guess, maybe cas the Incredible navigator.apk is strictly configured for that device, guess the Incredibles navigators.apk has to be recompiled with new settings !!

can someone confirm that
4th August 2010, 10:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sheffield

210 posts
More
Can you confirm with pictures or diagrams?
4th August 2010, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 34

583 posts
More
So this means that an amended cable would do it every time?
4th August 2010, 01:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
yes, just like my car charger did, even when the charger is not pluged in the car lighter.
7th August 2010, 02:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Odivelas

33 posts
More
Can you please post pin-out schematics?
Thx.
7th August 2010, 02:12 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 136

457 posts
i think the menu is hidden by htc as the desire does not have the copper pins at the bottom like the nexus 1. hence the nexus 1 car dock wont work on the desire. the nexus one can be charged with the pins and does not need the micro usb for car dock chargings / docking. i guess the car dock software options shown on the desire by accessing the settings widgets are a hangover from the similar software on the nexus 1 hence hidden on the desire by htc.

i have the car dock app installed (dont remember from where though) and it works fine instead with navigation / voice search icons etc.
7th August 2010, 09:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 114

1,329 posts
More
Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
7th August 2010, 11:39 AM   |  #8  

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesmoney

i think the menu is hidden by htc as the desire does not have the copper pins at the bottom like the nexus 1. hence the nexus 1 car dock wont work on the desire. the nexus one can be charged with the pins and does not need the micro usb for car dock chargings / docking. i guess the car dock software options shown on the desire by accessing the settings widgets are a hangover from the similar software on the nexus 1 hence hidden on the desire by htc.

i have the car dock app installed (dont remember from where though) and it works fine instead with navigation / voice search icons etc.

HTC is coming out with their own car dock. That is why their 2.2 ROM has the necessary support for it.

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=199788
7th August 2010, 02:38 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neur0x

Can you please post pin-out schematics?
Thx.

Yes, I would be very interested in the schematic
7th August 2010, 02:51 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 136

457 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorch

HTC is coming out with their own car dock. That is why their 2.2 ROM has the necessary support for it.

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=199788

something like that has been on th expansys and other websites since april / may onwards! so i wouldnt take that too seriously till it actually arrives and car dock works when docking.

at present i use the car dock app which has to be triggered manually but works fine. i use it with the car mode app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread