Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 41,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How to speed up and optimize Rom

Tip us?

shafizal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q]How to speed up and optimize Rom

Hello to all i havé cooked a ROM with manila 2016 for m'y xperia now i am looking for some tweaks for speedup ROM and for its consomme less memory because m'y gwes.exe took 36mb ...i already done thé cfc for manila and i use neo oem drivers 2010...

So Will any one please help me in What way we improve thé speed and optimise thé ROM ....

Thanks to all

Farmer Ted
Old
(Last edited by Farmer Ted; 5th August 2010 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 89
You can try compressing png files; it will help with gwes some (I used a free app called PNG Gauntlet, or something like that, and it was pretty good). It's best to test out the PNG files before cooking and flashing (just copy them into \windows and soft reset), because maybe 1/100 will cause issues; the softkeybar gets messed up when it's compressed, as does the background in scroll bars and the pivot bar in menus (basically, the same as the soft key bar).

The easy thing is just to end your experiment with manila. It sucks, as you are discovering. Also, the 6.5 lockscreen uses a boat-load of RAM (in gwes), so you can disable it (saves 5-10 MB). Finally, you can save a couple MB of RAM in gwes by getting rid of all start icon/png images. Just use the native icons from the .exe's or cpl's; reshack any apps that don't have icons with ico files. You need to delete all of the Icon values in the startinfo registry, and you can delete all of the start_png files. One day, I decided to delete all of those Icon registry keys in the start registry, just to see what the start menu would look like, and I was surprised to find I had maybe 2 MB more ram after a reset. I also liked the looks of a lot of the control panel icons. They're old style, but I like the old style looks myself.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

af974
Old
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,886
Follow what Farmer Ted said and check this thread too, its plenty of many tips
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=564130
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” ~ Albert Einstein

shafizal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
You can try compressing png files; it will help with gwes some (I used a free app called PNG Gauntlet, or something like that, and it was pretty good). It's best to test out the PNG files before cooking and flashing (just copy them into \windows and soft reset), because maybe 1/100 will cause issues; the softkeybar gets messed up when it's compressed, as does the background in scroll bars and the pivot bar in menus (basically, the same as the soft key bar).

The easy thing is just to end your experiment with manila. It sucks, as you are discovering. Also, the 6.5 lockscreen uses a boat-load of RAM (in gwes), so you can disable it (saves 5-10 MB). Finally, you can save a couple MB of RAM in gwes by getting rid of all start icon/png images. Just use the native icons from the .exe's or cpl's; reshack any apps that don't have icons with ico files. You need to delete all of the Icon values in the startinfo registry, and you can delete all of the start_png files. One day, I decided to delete all of those Icon registry keys in the start registry, just to see what the start menu would look like, and I was surprised to find I had maybe 2 MB more ram after a reset. I also liked the looks of a lot of the control panel icons. They're old style, but I like the old style looks myself.
thanks bro will try

af974
Old
Thanks Meter 1,886
BTW, i found this thread here in CC from you with the same request of help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=icon

i cant find a reason of opening another one even with the same subject.
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” ~ Albert Einstein

shafizal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by af974 View Post
BTW, i found this thread here in CC from you with the same request of help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=icon

i cant find a reason of opening another one even with the same subject.
yes i asked a new question but finally i have return to the same pupose ..;i have created this thread for knowing about cache tweaks etc..;so sorry

af974
Old
Thanks Meter 1,886
Ok no problem but next time use thread that you already opened.

Im going to close this one and copy Farmer Ted post to your old thread just for have less confusion for others help requests.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe