[Q] Trying to root my galaxy S Vibrant
This is my first time rooting a cellphone, so, before I do it, I want to list what i should do here to make sure my understanding is correct. All I want to do is to have WIFI tethering to work.
1. First, I need to backup the stock firmware, right? I am not sure how to this yet. Any suggestions?
2. I need to download update.zip to root the phone.
3. The easiest thing is to find an app which does Wifi tethering. But the one I found (android-wifi-tether) doesn't support Galaxy S Vibrant yet. Anything else you can suggest? Without that, I think i might need to flush the JP3 firmware. Right?
4. I need to download JP3 firmware (JP3.rooted.insecure.clockworkmod.zip). Is there a better one you can suggest me to download?
5. Then I need to flash the firmware to the phone. I think I might need to use Odin to do that, right?
Thanks. Please give me suggestions.