I got tired of using ADB by hand for a lot of operations, and thought well hey let's write something for that. I know about DDMS and ADB Explorer, but they aren't always exactly what I want/need.
Yeah this is a beta version and will have issues.. No warranty, use at your own risk, etc. I'll try to update this in the future. I have a lot of ideas of things to add/improve/fix still.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Required: .Net 3.5 framework
- Required: A working "adb shell" setup
- Recommended: writable /sdcard
- Recommended: root (via su) - note that a lot of things should work without root, but I haven't done any extensive testing on that
- Recommended: busybox
- (also root) Explorer
--- View / Edit files directly in Notepad (optionally converting dos<->unix newlines)
--- Retrieve / add / replace files
--- Rename / delete/ chmod/ chown / checksum
--- New directory / symlink
- Locate (find all filenames matching a certain string)
- ADB shell
- ADB logcat
- ADB (command log)
--- Install package (system copy, user copy, ADB install, with or without ODEX, etc)
--- List / backup / remove user and system packages
Retrieving / viewing / editing / replacing / adding files all use workarounds to be able to do this to files that cannot be directly pushed/pulled by ADB, but this functionality does depend on busybox being available.
Donations appreciated, you can do so here: http://www.jongma.org/dx.php
Extract the ZIP and put the EXE in the same folder where you have ADB. Also make sure your phone is working with the normal "adb shell" command.
- Please make sure your device is connected in USB debug mode before using ADB Magic !
- Please make sure you do not have the SD cards mounted to your PC !
- This has been developed only with a Galaxy S, so I'm not sure how well it'll work with other devices
<< 1.0, 625