Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[IDEA] LocoRoco game clone

OP Andy2.2

6th August 2010, 01:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Belfast
Thanks Meter: 5

67 posts
More
Hi all, just signed up here, have been browsing around for a while.

I was thinking that LocoRoco or a LocoRoco like game would be ideal for any phone with a Gyroscope or Accelerometer; of which there are many.
I thought that LocoRoco would be ideal as it would not require any hardkey mapping, as the game, which is originally a PSP title, only uses the L and R keys to tilt the screen left and right. (Which could possibly be duplicated by tilting the phone left and right)

Unfortunately I have no developing skills so I would be useless if it came to helping with the development of it.

I searched to see if there had been any other interest in LocoRoco coming to Android or Windows Mobile, and fair to say there were 1or2 threads dating back to 2008-2009, but neither of which attracted a lot of attention.

Sorry I couldn't add a link to the game, new user restrictions

thanks, andy.
6th August 2010, 01:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 29

1,323 posts
More
There's a very good chance we'll see PSP games in the Android Market sometime soon
6th August 2010, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Belfast
Thanks Meter: 5

67 posts
More
Oh, that's good to hear
thanks
6th August 2010, 04:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 81

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiesteven

There's a very good chance we'll see PSP games in the Android Market sometime soon

huh? can you elaborate please? first ive heard, but if your right, then my god thats going to kick ass!
6th August 2010, 01:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Birmingham

1,323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratykat

huh? can you elaborate please? first ive heard, but if your right, then my god thats going to kick ass!

It's just speculation at the moment but rumour is the PSP2 will be a Phone, an Android phone at that, so they can compete better with the DS. It's a solid rumor, gone back ages and the Android link comes from Sony's new relationship with google and... let's face it, It's gonna be a smart phone if it does happen and they're not going to pick Symbian over Android especially after the success of the X10.

I don't think they'd scap their digital distribution they got started with the PSP Go, especially because each "PSP Phone" would have 3G. So it would either be a dedicated market just for PSP games or they would distribute them throughout the Android Market.

Who knows, perhaps the "PSP Phone" isn't a specific handset but them distributing via several on the android market (assumption would be they're locked only to SE phones but I'm sure this could be overcome).
12th August 2010, 12:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Birmingham

1,323 posts
More
Hate to say I told you so :P

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/11/e...aming-platfor/
12th August 2010, 09:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 221

1,340 posts
Donate to Me
More
i have locoroco running on my hero! well, its not exactly a native game. i had this java locoroco game for my previous SE phone and I used it with Jave ME on my hero and it works. perfectly.
23rd August 2010, 08:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Edit: nevermind. Posted a game name but ended up not being the same type of game
Last edited by Gamercjm; 23rd August 2010 at 08:31 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread