Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New awesome free 3D puzzle

Tip us?

appforce.org
Old
(Last edited by appforce.org; 9th August 2010 at 03:58 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default New awesome free 3D puzzle

Scatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

market://details?id=org.appforce.shatter

tinyurl.com/38ub7js

E_man5112
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Nice game, enjoyed it.

Only complaint was, sometimes I'd have the puzzle done, but it wouldn't notice. Annoying when I had over 700 points.

appforce.org
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Maybe you didn't solve it in 20 seconds - in that case your score is reset. Score is determined by the seconds left until 20, if you solved in the last second you won't get points. If you're running out of time, better press the skip button, this won't cost you points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man5112 View Post
Nice game, enjoyed it.

Only complaint was, sometimes I'd have the puzzle done, but it wouldn't notice. Annoying when I had over 700 points.

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by appforce.org View Post
Maybe you didn't solve it in 20 seconds - in that case your score is reset. Score is determined by the seconds left until 20, if you solved in the last second you won't get points. If you're running out of time, better press the skip button, this won't cost you points.
Nope, it does it constantly... I played about 10 minutes before uninstalling because it often has problems detecting it's solved. One I got about 10s before the time was out and wiggled it back and forth and up and down and it still wouldn't register it was done.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

jacumba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Shatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

Here's a QR Code to scan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.png
Views:	209
Size:	499 Bytes
ID:	376112  

timothydonohue
Old
Thanks Meter 103
cool idea, but seems like the controls are inverse of what i'd prefer. i pull down and it pushed up, etc
If you need help, try IRC #Cyanogenmod in freenode.net
Someone may be able to help you there. I will try, if I'm on.

E_man5112
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
No, it just wouldn't solve, I could find the right spot in 5 seconds, spend 15 moving it around and it still wouldn't catch. Not often, but it happens.

appforce.org
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
You're right, I just posted an update with the bug corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man5112 View Post
No, it just wouldn't solve, I could find the right spot in 5 seconds, spend 15 moving it around and it still wouldn't catch. Not often, but it happens.

TMReuffurth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very cool game idea. Like it very much, but the inverse controls makes it a little bit difficult, at least for me. Would be nice to change the inverse control in next coming update.
Samsung Galaxy S
RIP - HTC Touch HD
blackSTONEhenge™ HyPer v2.0

IDOG
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default New awesome free 3D puzzle--name change

Quote:
Shatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

tinyurl.com/38ub7js
No longer called Shatter. Game has been renamed Scatter.

Tags
android, game, opengl, puzzle