Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N00b.

Tip us?

pizz0wn3d
Old
Thanks Meter 366
So then what's a nub?

Herp derp Captivate XDA App

Useful SGH-I337 Links
*under construction*

Disclamer: If I helped you, please let me know with a clicky on my Thanks button. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
The Following User Says Thank You to pizz0wn3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rymden
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeadCpu View Post
A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.
Copy and Pasted. Lol
Don't go writing the book just yet. Stick to UD.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Pancakeface4
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizz0wn3d View Post
So then what's a nub?

Herp derp Captivate XDA App
A midget.

Sent from my mouth, down to my fingers, into the magical screen, and then straight to the XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to Pancakeface4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raven_raven
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnston9234 View Post
here would be examples

most xbox players are noobs

while steam players are newbs/pros :P
You're great example of a fanboy, so to speak about common internet phrases.

SuperDeform
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quickest answer?

Someone whos lost
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperDeform For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rollmops6
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What means lol :P

Sent from my X10i

Zisworg
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
LOL, is this question for real?
noob ^^

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3030
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
lol
It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a **** about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
1) "I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation."
2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollmops6 View Post
What means lol :P

Sent from my X10i
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willverduzco
Old
Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter 2846

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000 View Post
lol
It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a **** about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
1) "I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation."
2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"
LMAO. I agree with this assessment 100%.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]
Original Android <3ers! Old
Thanks Meter
People are still replying to this thread?!