Ask a question

No registration required

Walking dead.... I can't be the only one

OP gatorlounge

8th August 2010, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

75 posts
Ok I'm using newest energy cht rom radio 2.12.50 and shubcraft froyo android build with 384 zimage....

Heres the problem that I have had all week my phone works fine when I am stationary minimal screen freezes great speed but when I get up and walk with my phone and try to use it the screen freezes almost every time then the entire phone freezes. I have also noticed this on elevator and when I step out of my car.. this is weird and I know it can't be just me as its been going on for a week now.

So to sum it up stationary best phone ever...walking phone dead and I wanna slam it on the ground.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
8th August 2010, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 2

297 posts
More
try the desire v5's zimage, no freeze at all
8th August 2010, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

31 posts
Im having same issues,with all the version i have tried, including V5 aparently this screen freezing is a known issue and makes the use of Android in our HD2 very very frustrating.

ive upgraded my SD to a class 6 and still suffering from it

Im wondering if there is a program that causes it or its just the OS...

in any case We have to be patient ,im sure pretty soon the amazing developers will come with a solution.
8th August 2010, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 55

1,907 posts
More
might be a screen rotation issue
8th August 2010, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

31 posts
Just came back from street, again same issue.
I thought it may be the network connection that was affecting the phone, so i switched to Airplane mode and turn off automatic updates,still this didnt help...

so im beginning to think this is related to yes,either the screen rotation (maybe as we walk it does affect the sensor )or gps..
8th August 2010, 07:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 75

1,188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko3d

Just came back from street, again same issue.
I thought it may be the network connection that was affecting the phone, so i switched to Airplane mode and turn off automatic updates,still this didnt help...

so im beginning to think this is related to yes,either the screen rotation (maybe as we walk it does affect the sensor )or gps..

I've just learned to deal. Its better than SoD's or being in Winmo and having to pull the battery out.
8th August 2010, 07:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

75 posts
I actually noticed it today as I went from a dark room to a very well lit room so Im with u guys it seems its either rotation issue or light sensor issue andvi have no doubt in my mind the devs will have it fixed in no time just didn't see it mentioned anywhere else so figured it was worth a mention. Thanks all I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
8th August 2010, 07:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 55

1,907 posts
More
when in windows mobile make sure to disable all battery and back light settings and in android change blacklight settings and sleep setting to stay on
9th August 2010, 04:37 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I am having the same issue - using ChuckyDroidROM + shubCRAFT CM6RC2, basically when I start moving or even moving the phone the touch screen becomes very unresponsive and sometimes even the hardware buttons don't function properly. At first I thought it was just my device until I saw this post...
9th August 2010, 05:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag London

17 posts
More
Think its a bug with manusfreedoms 384mb ram enabled Zimage dident get this problem using past images.
sure it will be sorted next image release.
Last edited by da_prophit; 9th August 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread