This is a port of Manup456's NexTheme for the Motorola Droid X. It is meant to be run on the .604 update to Android 2.1.
This installation will require some work, though it is not too difficult. You just need to follow the instructions.
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong in this process - Though with the SBF file now, it is almost impossible to brick a Droid X.
That being said, I didn't even need to restore while I was porting and testing this, so there should be minimal chance of any major mess-ups.
1. Download 'MetaMorph' from the market. Run it once and grant it root permissions.
2. Download the following file:
3. Extract the file. Put the MM.zip file in sdcard/AndroidThemes and the other two in /sdcard/nextheme
4. We will first need to push framework-res.apk and services.jar to the system. Do not use root explorer to copy the files! Open up your terminal emulator or adb (preferably) and type:
su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/ reboot
open up terminal emulator (or adb) again and this time we'll push services.jar
su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system cp /sdcard/nextheme/services.jar /system/framework/ reboot
Now the clock and time, etc. will be white.
5. Now, fire up MetaMorph and choose unzip/extract new theme, select nextheme, and let it do it's thing extracting. Once it's done extracting, you can apply all the themes (for the apps), or apply only the ones you want.
6. Enjoy your new theme