XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Holding Charge

Tip us?

ShaunD103
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Holding Charge

Has anyone else had any issues with their streak randomly dropping from an almost full battery to barely anything? Over the past few days I've noticed mine has heated up then dropped to less than 10% from over 85%. I've also seen a couple of the phones returmed because of this where I work so just wondering if any of you guys have experienced similar problems?

I've checked all my apps to make sure none are powering on and draining the battery and my useage hasn't changed either so I'm all out of ideas.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunD103 View Post
Has anyone else had any issues with their streak randomly dropping from an almost full battery to barely anything? Over the past few days I've noticed mine has heated up then dropped to less than 10% from over 85%. I've also seen a couple of the phones returmed because of this where I work so just wondering if any of you guys have experienced similar problems?

I've checked all my apps to make sure none are powering on and draining the battery and my useage hasn't changed either so I'm all out of ideas.

Not had any problems like that and i don't think i have read of anyone else experiencing them. It may be worth a call to Dell
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

samstables
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
My Streak has done this a few times in the few weeks I've had it, but at the moment it's chewing through power at a stupid rate every day. I assumed it was something I'd downloaded so was considering a hard reset one evening this week...

I have found android.process.media often chomping 85-99% of my processor so I keep killing it which helps, but obviously I don't know the underlying problem. A quick Google showed that someone else had one particular file that was causing it, but deleting the same file didn't work for me.

I'll let you know if a hard reset helps, otherwise it's back to the O2 shop

ShaunD103
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
O2 are sending me a replacement tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes!