[TROUBLESHOOTING] SOLUTION for:Random freezes, Poor battery life, SoD, WSoD,Robovoice

Search This thread

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
I am updating this post constantly with all the solutions that I find useful so please keep checking the first post.

Details of my Phone
Model: T-mobile US with 16GB class 2 card
Windows ROM: Energy WinMo ROM 01/08
Android ROM: Mattc Froyo 1.5
Radio: 2.12.50.02_2

1. Possible solution for Random freezes
As everyone is discussing here, Random freezes are caused by the G-sensor so I decided to do some experiments on my own. Here's what fixed my problem.

Go to Windows mobile-->settings-->system-->G-sensor, Put your phone on a leveled surface and hit the calibrate button. Now shut down and boot to Android.

This fixed the problem of random freezes on my android. Try this and let me know if this works.

Some users also reported that disabling Auto-rotation option in Android display settings solves the problem. But when I tried it, it didn't work for me. But worth a try since it did work for some users

If none of the above two work please try the following solution at your own risk. Some users reported that this has messed up their system and had to re-install WinMo but most of the people got it working with this solution.
1. Back up your registry
2. In windows mobile go to Registry Editor, search for "gsensor.dll" and remove the whole keyset. Reboot your phone. This step should disable your Gsensor in WinMo but it will still function in Android.

Please share your experiences after doing so.

Another possible solution(credits to ......)
Install flip n shake app from the market place ,go to advanced setting and change the sensitivity.
Please report if it worked for you or not.

There are many reasons for the freezes but the most common one should be solved by one of the above solutions.

1a. Momentary unresponsive touchscreen (hard buttons work but the touchscreen doesn't)
Theory behind the touchscreen insensitivity
The Gsensor drivers in Android are unstable and momentarily it uses a lot of CPU randomly and thats when you get the momentary touchscreen insensitivity.

Temporary solution 1(Credits to shadiku for the development)
The quickest solution would be to disable G-sensor completely. And it works 100%. Use the Kernel developed by shadiku which disables G-sensor completely. Click here for more info

Temporary solution 2(If you don't want to disable G-Sensor)
This solution won't fix the freezes 100% but it will reduce the freezes to a considerable amount.
1. Using setCPU overclock your phone to 1.1 GHz(or whatever highest frequency available). Create profiles as you wish but make sure to put all profiles to conservative mode.
2. Disable "background data" by going to Account & Sync settings.(So there would be minimum load on CPU)
3. Kill all running applications (every hour) using Advanced task killer.
4. Disable Auto rotation.

All the steps mentioned above will surely help you with the battery life as well. You will still get some rare touchscreen freezes like once every two or three hours. But it is very very very less compared to once every 5 to 10 minutes before doing the tasks above. This is due to more CPU available for the culprit application (Gsensor driver)

2. Poor battery life
This isn't my work. This is copied from Bakedbread's thread here

1. Install BSB tweaks 1.6 and turned ON "Power Savings"

2. Go to registry editor and edit the following keys as under

HKLM\Comm\AsyncMac1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Params
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_C lass\High_Capacity
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class\ High_Capacity
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_C lass
DisablePowerManagement=0

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class
DisablePowerManagement=0

It helped me. so try your luck.

Also some people have reported that underclocking(using SetCPU or other programs) help in increasing battery life too.

Changing to the latest kernel also helps with battery life. Please find below the procedure for changing the kernel.

1. Download latest Kernel(zImage) from here. You need to download the regular one and not the usbhost one.
2. Rename the downloaded file to zImage.
3. Go to your phone's android folder and rename the zImage there to zImage.old(just incase the newer zImage gives you trouble). Copy the downloaded zImage to the Android folder.
4. Boot Android.

Trouble booting or connecting to wifi after updating to the latest Kernel?
check out the post here for booting problem. and checkout the post here for wifi problems.

Here is also another observation. When you charge the phone in Android it doesn't charge fully(even though it shows 95% or 96%) and it drains the battery really quickly. If you charge the phone while its switched off or while its in WinMo the battery life seems to be improved. But I need some confirmations for this from users.

Check out this thread as well regarding standby current which affects your battery life as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=770903

3. SoD(Sleep of Death)
I had the problem of SoD while using 2.09.50.02_2 radio. Once I changed my radio to 2.12.50.02_2 the problem of SoD was gone. Please try changing your radio and report back.

If changing radio doesn't help then try this it might help (Credits to fi3ry_icy)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7531752&postcount=16

Also another possibility is in WinMo change the sleep time to never/maximum possible and see if that helps.

4. WSoD(White screen of death)
Not my work. Not sure whose finding this is.
When u get stuck at white screen while rebooting open startup.txt and change set cmdline to set cmdline "rel_path=Android lpj=638976" and reboot again.

Edit: If the lpj=638976 is already there when you open the startup.txt and you are getting WSoD then try removing "lpj=638976" from the line and reboot.

Another possible solution(Credits to ....)
copy the whole sdcard (backup to PC), format it the with 'SD formatter' (total write, erase and format process) and afterwards, start with a fresh install of the android folder. Copy all other folders back from the backup.

do not use automount in android, but only use 'diskdrive option' when booted back to WinMo if you want to transfer files to the SD card. If you need to transfer smaller files to SD while in Android then use a wifi file explorer(Search market place for one that suits you).

5. Robotic voice
I believe this problem is associated with the combination of WinMo and Android rom. Changing the WinMo rom helps get rid of this problem. So try new combination until you find one thats working.

It is said that Windows mobile Base rom 2.14 and higher does not cause this problem. Users have reported that they had the problem with 2.14 and when they tried 2.13 it eliminated the problem. So not sure if it has anything do with the Base ROM or not. But one thing is for sure that it is the combination that creates/solves the problem.

6. Taking long time to wake up from stand by
When pushing the end call button on ur mobile, it will go in standby and when u push it again, u get lockscreen.

7 off the 10 times it take a few seconds for the screen to wake up, and sometimes it freeze longer (5seconds).

Possible solution:
The problem is caused by Advanded task Killer. here's what solved my problem of screen not coming back on for couple seconds.

In advance task killer I changed the "Auto kill frequency" to 30 minutes instead of "when screen off" and it solved the problem.

If you want to try different lock screen go to market place and download 'finger scanner lite'. I know its a stupid program but at least something to experiment with.

Another temporary solution(Credits to Bazman123)
try pressing the power button for a few seconds, this will bring up the shutdown screen kicking your phone back into life instantly.

7. Unable to mount SDCARD error Thanks to shu8i for solution
If you get unable to mount sdcard plz replace set cmdline "rel_path=Android" with set cmdline "rel_path=Android loop_partition=mmcblk0" in startup.txt

8. Mount SD card to PC for file transfer
I knew this trick since the days of Kaiser Android but never needed to use it on my HD2 but for anyone who wants to mount the SD card to PC for file transfer here's a quick trick.

Download and install "Auto Mount Your SD Card" made by JR Studio from market.
Unplug your phone
Open the Auto Mount App
Check Enable SD Card Auto-Mounting and exit the app
Plug the phone in

Or you could just use a wifi file explorer type program for transferring small files.

9. Error while installing certain apps
There are some particular apps which gives an error while trying to install (e.g. Neocore)

All you need to do it go to setting and unmount the SD card. Install the app and remount the SD card and you are good to go.

If you find anything wrong or if you want me to add your solutions to this post. Please PM me.

Also check out the third post below by fi3ry_icy for more solutions.

Last edited:

fi3ry_icy

Apr 24, 2010
HTC One X
HTC Leo
Unable to mount SD card

set cmdline "rel_path=Android" with set cmdline "rel_path=Android loop_partition=mmcblk0" in startup.txt

SOD (Sleep of Death) related, and generally setting up phone and SD card for booting into android properly ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7531752&postcount=16 )

how can i do that if i am using chuckydroid rom for booting android? it is very stripped down and has very little function as a winmo os..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

in addition, i would like to add that i think i have found a way to overcome the SOD (at least for now for me), hopefully, it will continue to work as i have not have any SODs since i tried what i did..

this is what u need to do:

reformat ur SD card but before u click the format button, change the allocation size from the setting u see, to the largest possible...

attachment.php

after u format ur SD card, only copy in the Android boot file of the android of ur choice..

next up, prepare the phone by doing task 29, flashing a 2.08 and above radio.. i am using 2.12.50.02.2 radio from ( http://vbnfiles.com/HD2 Common/Radios/Radio_2_12_50_02_2.rar )

then, install chucky rom lite for android booting ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734238 )

next, start up the phone and do a hard reset without the SD card inside..!

after the hard reset, boot back into winmo and change the date and time settings..

off the phone..

insert the SD card then on the phone..

run android and set up froyo..

hopefully it stops the SODs for good..

so far so good for me, its 2 hrs, and i've not have SODs.. previously the longest time b4 SOD hit me was 35 mins..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDED: added a pic to show what i mean..

Battery Related

Use one or more of these program together:

SetCPU ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734886 )

OR try
Juice Defender ( http://www.talkandroid.com/9599-extend-your-battery-life-with-juice-defender-for-android/ )

OR try
Overclockwidget (need root) by billy cui (from android apps market)

OR try
Tasker: a program or android for users who want almost total control over their system ( http://lifehacker.com/5599116/how-to-turn-your-android-phone-into-a-fully+automated-superphone )

Possible winmo setting tweaks which may or may not help improve battery life: ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=749753 )

Robot Voice
Use another WinMO Rom-Radio Combination

Possible improvement in SD card performance
Use special SD card formatting program ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=748961 )

Laggy screen/phone/android when using the phone while walking or when phone is not stationary

Turn off auto-rotation in froyo ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7579476&postcount=21 )

a way to possibly increase ur DATA connection speed (worked for me)

Nice find!
For other users:
What warrenb213 means in simple English is:

3G/EDGE speed tweak for shubcraft 1.4:
1) Launch Astro File Manager
2) Goto /system and find file named build (build.prop)
3) Tap and hold and select edit -> copy
4) Goto /sdcard/Android/root/system
5) Tap Paste
6) Tap and hold build file and select open as -> text -> file editor
7) Scroll down and find these lines

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
Those lines are correct.

Look 6-7 lines further and you will find:
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
Delete these two lines.
(shu8i tweaked values are 2 and 12)
SAVE (click back button and tap save when asked)
8) REBOOT android. Now you should get faster 3G/EDGE data.

Notes:
-If you directly edit build file within /system folder IT WILL revert back after reboot.
-You may want to delete /sdcard/Android/root/system/build.prop after one reboot so in the future you don't forget it. It gets copied to real /system on first reboot.
-You may want to backup the original build.prop file incase you have problems with data. (Or you can change the values back to 1 and 10)

Crashes and how to help kernel coders by submitting logs for them to troubleshoot and debug

Come on guys, you wont help developers if you just write "ok i will help you" Nobody need that besides this thread is going to be confusing. Please help Cotulla and provide him your logs.

How to create logs:

Download the tool Andlog on Cotullas Homepage: http://cotulla.pp.ru/leo/Android/andlog.exe

After you detect Problems in Android (Sleep of Dead or something) you need to reset your device with the red reset button on the back of your HD2
Don't remove battery!!!
Once WM is booted you can run andlog.exe and it will create a andlog.txt file on the root of your device. Be aware that Andlog dont show any message! (like CLRCAD)
Paste the content here: http://pastebin.com
and link it here in this forum with detailed information

Ok i will start with providing logs:

Got SOD while LEO was in Standby. Waited any seconds but screen stayed black
Log: http://pastebin.com/DPPAd6ep

moorgogel, nice guide, thanks!

other method (for non-fatal errors) possible to use ADB from Android SDK.
just put in command line
Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

and u got current kernel log in dmesg.txt.

basically it's not obviously.
some bugs won't show anything in log. for example if BT isn't working in some android build, kernel log won't show anything.

General questions answered in FAQs already

android-banner-complete-green.jpg

[WARNING] ***ANDROID ON HD2 IS STILL AT EARLY STAGES NO 1 CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE ***

From what i have found there are at the moment 3 main builds that are running well -

HTC SENSE (DESIRE ROM)

FROYO BUILD BY dan1j3l

Froyo 2.2 Android Build by Parad0XUA

FROYO 2.2 WITH SENSE

Android 2.1 Eclair (Senseless)

all these can be found at http://gamesquare.co.uk allways keep a close eye on this site as new builds come out fairly frequent as development is quick.

★★★NOW HOW TO GET ANDROID ON HTC HD2★★★

Download a build of your choice

htc sense desire build

or froyo build

**THERE ARE ALSO NEW BUILDS BEING ADDED TO HD2 ANDROID SECTION ALL THE TIME WITH INFO AND LINKS AVALIBLE WITHIN THE THREAD **

Prepare your device

windows rom - windows rom has been linked with issues within the android builds so for the first time im going to compile a list of working roms here that have no issues within android

i have been using ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 from the start of android development and have yet to have an issue below is a list of other roms and links that are working well with android :-

BARE BONES WM ROM FOR ANDROID BY NRG

[ROM][WWE]★★★Astraios Roms★★★[REG/BUUF/GTX][23569][22nd July]

ELEGANCIA ROM Series™

ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 ~ 2.10.1

¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |Jul 21| 21911||23121 * Sense 2016

★★★ PLEASE LEAVE LINKS AND INFORM ME OF ANY ROMS YOU HAVE TRIED AND HAD NO ISSSUES ★★★

FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH A ROM PLEASE GO TO FLASHING GUIDE.

THE RADIO

RADIO IS SIMPLE USE ONLY RADIO FROM 2.08 ~ 2.12 DONT USE A RADIO LOWER THAN 2.08 AS IT WILL NOT BOOT I CAN NOT SAY WHICH IS THE BEST RADIO AS IT IS DIFFRENT IN DIFFRENT AREAS THE BEST THING WOULD BE TO TEST DIFFRENT RADIOS WITH ANDROID I HAVE TESTED 2.12 AND HAD NO ISSUES.

HOW TO INSTALL A RADIO : -

For installing a RADIO ROM you need HardSPL installed to your device.
Rename the extracted file to "RUU_Signed.nbh" and flash with the CustomRUU

RADIOS THAT WORK WITH ANDROID : -

Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.26**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.20**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.28_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.26**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.19_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.08.50.05**: MegaUpload

FOR REF USE RADIO THREAD

HSPL

You must have hspl 2 or 3 for android to run well please use HSPL GUIDE

Memory Card
all though not nessecery re-formating your memory card is a must - i had problems with android builds in the past but re-formating memory crad solved nearly all crashes and and slow downs.

BACK UP ALL DATA BEFORE RE-FORMATING

RE-FORMAT TO FAT32

COPYING ANDROID ACROSS

SENSE BUILD - copy all files to the ROOT of your memory card not a subfolder i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/HaRet.exe not E:/android/HaRet.exe

FROYO BUILD - Copy all files to a folder called android on the root of your memory card i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/android/HaRet.exe

**SOME NEW BUILDS ARE BEING ARE BEING PLACED IN FOLDERS WITH NEW NAMES IF THIS IS THE CASE IT WILL BE STATED WITHIN THE README**

BOOTING ANDROID

easyiest way to boot is to boot windows then go to a file explorer and run CLRCAD.EXE then run HaRet.exe ALWAYS REMEMBER RUN CLRCAD.EXE FIRST AS THIS GIVES ANDROID SOUND DONT WORRY IF IT DOES NOTHING ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO

YOU MUST BOOT ANDROID THIS WAY WITHIN 30 SECOUNDS OF WINDWOS BOOTING OTHERWISE ANDROID WILL RUN IN TURBO MODE AND BE VERY UNSTABLE.FIXED WITH NEW ZIMAGE

DUEL-BOOT PROGRAMS -

GEN.Y DUEL BOOT - QUOTE FROM NRG -

Hi All,

I changed the dual boot cab from yozgatg.

It now puts clrcad.exe to the startup folder so if you boot android you'll have sound. I also put the skin in from sk8inmonk.
So credits for yozgatg and sk8inmonk.

Only boots android directly from the root of the storage card!

This has an autoboot option in 10 seconds or in 3 seconds.

LINK

jmz Android Dual-Boot for HD2 v4 --- 19JUL10

LINK TO THREAD

***IMPORTANT THINGS WHEN BOOTING ANDROID***

WHEN BOOTED GO TO ANDROID MARKET AND DOWNLOAD ADVANCED APP KILLER I HAVE FOUND THIS THE MOST IMPORTANT APP TO HAVE ATM AS IT KILLS APPS YOU DONT WANT RUNNING THUS SAVING BATTERY :)

POWER MANAGMENT IS A BIG ISSUE AT THE MOMENT BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT LEAVING PLUGED IN ON CHARGE WHILE BOOTING ANDROID WILL CHARGE THE PHONE BUT THE LED WILL STAY PERMENANTLY ON!
EDIT - USE LATEST ZIMAGE LOCATED IN 3RD POST AND ALL CHARGING PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED

ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME IN THIS THREAD NO MATTER HOW NOOBISH ALL WILL BE ANSWERED F&Q SECTION COMING SOON ALONG WITH A TROUBLESHOOTING CHART FOR NOW I HAVE WORK :)

TROUBLESHOOTING

THE PROBLEM - The linux kernel did not finish booting.

/ failed to mount the sd card. cannot continue
/ bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/

SOLUTION -

What I did was download and install the SDFormatter tool and formatted my SD card. I've had formatted my card a lot of times but this tool did the trick.

You can locate it here: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/sdfv2000.zip

(PROBLEM AND SOLUTION PROVIDED BY WOUSIPX

ANDROID TIPS AND TRICKS

LONG PRESSING HOME BUTTON OPENS A TAB SHOW ALL APPS THAT ARE OPEN SO YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THEM

[HOWTO] Backup ALL Settings and Prefs When Upgrading Android (Homescreen/SMS/etc)

This method requires ROOT, but will allow you to backup all settings quickly and easily for a full restore to a different build. This is handy when running Android on a Windows Mobile device such as the HD2, since it allows us to easily switch to one of the many builds that come out weekly. However, this method can be applied to any Android device.

Ops, if you’d rather move this thread to a general Android discussion, no problem. I just thought it was pertinent here given all the ROM changing people are doing.

It can back up everything, from home screen widget positions to SMS messages. If you’re using keyboards like SwiftKey, it will even save your learned DB.

Backup:
  1. Acquire Titanium Backup” from the Market
  2. The first time you run the program, hit the “Problems?” button. This will download the latest version of Busybox, a set of command line utilities used to backup data.
  3. Tap “Backup/Restore”
  4. Press the “Menu” button (hard button)
  5. Choose “Batch”
  6. Press “Run” next to “Backup all user apps + system data”
  7. Leave everything selected on this screen. We will selectively choose what to restore in our new build. Having everything backed up means you won’t miss anything.
    • Ensure “Kill active apps” is selected
    • Press “Run the batch operation”
    • While this is running, tap the screen every now and again to ensure your phone doesn’t time out. (just to be safe for any auto-killers that may be running)
  8. Reboot your phone

Restore (after switching builds):
Note: For those running on a WM device, you can download the APK for Titanium Backup here and place it in your AndroidApps folder for it to be accessible on your first boot.
  1. Skip as much of your new Android Setup screens as possible. No need to waste time here when it will be restored with Titanium.
  2. Go into settings and set up your Google Account.
    • After adding the account, set it to NOT sync.
    • Do this BEFORE entering the Market, or the syncing will happen automatically. The reason for doing this is that you’re going to overwrite it all with Titanium data anyway, so why waste the resources and time.
  3. Go into “Settings -=> Applications” and check “Unknown Sources”
  4. Re-acquire Titanium Backup (unless you had the APK in your AndroidApps folder) and hit the “Problems?” button to install in your new build.
  5. Tap “Backup/Restore”
  6. Press the “Menu” button (hard button)
  7. Choose “Batch”
  8. Press “Run” next to “Restore missing apps + all system data”
    • If you are restoring the exact same Build:
      • Click “Select All”
      • Choose “App+Data”
    • If you are restoring a different Build or upgrading to a new version of a Build:
      • Click “Deselect All”
      • Choose “App+Data”
      • Select all Green items (These are your settings)
      • Select all Crossed out items (These are the apps not included in your build)
      • Select any other items you know are the same within your build, and that you want to restore settings for
  9. Press “Run the batch operation”
  10. For every application that the install prompt comes up for, hit “Install” and then “Done.”
  11. Reboot your phone
  12. On next boot, if you get “Problem Loading Gadget” on some widgets, you will have to remove them from the home screen and re-add them manually. This has only occurred a couple of times for me, usually things go smooth.

for people and devs who want to try messing around with desire apks (sense apks)

Last edited:

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
Yes I will report to developers once everyone confirms what works and what not because things that work for me might not work for everyone.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

RichmondoUK

Jan 2, 2008
Eastbourne
robotic voice.

i use a 2.14 base and 3.04 ext packs but still have robo. now i use andriod bootcamp and when i make it auto load andriod on boot. i get clear voice but then second call back to robo. using radio. 2.12.50.02.2. if i disable sense reboot blah blah still the same. playing music and other sound apps are perfect but all goes mad once made a call, shuts sound off and gets laggy. so is it down to clrcad whatever it actually does? can't say its oemdrivers as it worked once. must get to bottom of it.

stento

Dec 7, 2009
i use a 2.14 base and 3.04 ext packs but still have robo. now i use andriod bootcamp and when i make it auto load andriod on boot. i get clear voice but then second call back to robo. using radio. 2.12.50.02.2. if i disable sense reboot blah blah still the same. playing music and other sound apps are perfect but all goes mad once made a call, shuts sound off and gets laggy. so is it down to clrcad whatever it actually does? can't say its oemdrivers as it worked once. must get to bottom of it.

same here.

got the latest goatrip-rom (gtx) - GER
radio 2.12.50.02_2
shubi-android-rom 1.2b

no matter which way i boot into android, i got the robo-voice or sometimes cant hear a thing on calls (no ringing, no voices etc.).

this really makes the whole android useless for me. its working really smooth, except the phone-calls. any help?

kerman19

Jun 8, 2008
Crawley, West Sussex
Trying your recommendation for calibrating the G-Sensor in WinMo, I'll report back if I get anything conclusive.

As for Radio, I'm using 2.10.50.08_2 - I've only ever had the echo, and once Cotulla put out the volume fix etc, it went away, but as already mentioned it's also down to the WinMo, the amount of combinations possible is always going to be a pain in the arse!

Phil

RichmondoUK

Jan 2, 2008
Eastbourne
i am at work at mo but seems like stuff from 2.10 wavedev.dll rilphone.dll is reported to fix the robo. sneaky suspition that it maybe rilphone.dll which relates to the radio. like said earlier in thread mine did work once with complete 2.14 base. when i get back i will try many combinations and let you know of my findings. ******ing phones lol. but personally prefer winmo at mo especially on leo with sense. better weather animation, but like the live wallpapers on android. AHHHHHGGHGHGHH

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
Any conclusions on the G-sensor solution yet?? Can somebody please report back if it worked for them or not??? It will surely help a lot of people.

Trying your recommendation for calibrating the G-Sensor in WinMo, I'll report back if I get anything conclusive.

As for Radio, I'm using 2.10.50.08_2 - I've only ever had the echo, and once Cotulla put out the volume fix etc, it went away, but as already mentioned it's also down to the WinMo, the amount of combinations possible is always going to be a pain in the arse!

Phil

proalius

Mar 16, 2007
I'm trying to test the solution based on erase "gsensor.dll" keys from registry in windows mobile and no freezes yet....it looks so good. Still testing...

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
I'm trying to test the solution based on erase "gsensor.dll" keys from registry in windows mobile and no freezes yet....it looks so good. Still testing...

Did you try the calibration solution? did it work?

Let us know how the gsensor.dll solution works over days. Also does your Gsensor work in Android after deleting the key from WinMo?

proalius

Mar 16, 2007
Did you try the calibration solution? did it work?

Let us know how the gsensor.dll solution works over days. Also does your Gsensor work in Android after deleting the key from WinMo?

I didn't do the calibration, i directly did the ajusts over registry. I still without freezes at this moment

tinmanjo

Feb 10, 2007
This may be a silly question but why would deleting the wm Gsensor file affect android at all, because android doesnt run adjacent to wm ?

Batskoning

Oct 19, 2009
Vriezenveen
When pushing the end call button on ur mobile, it will go in standby and when u push it again, u get lockscreen.

7 off the 10 times it take a few seconds when the screen responds, and sometimes it freeze longer (5seconds).

I noticed when u install a different lockscreen (i used for fun fingerprint lockscreen)
No freeze at all, quick responding..

Can someone check this..? If it really helps..
Maybe it's the lockscreen that is the problem..
When u use Fingerprint lockscreen, it;s not loading the standard lockscreen..

Greetz Jordi..

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008

7 off the 10 times it take a few seconds when the screen responds, and sometimes it freeze longer (5seconds).

I noticed when u install a different lockscreen (i used for fun fingerprint lockscreen)
No freeze at all, quick responding..

Can someone check this..? If it really helps..
Maybe it's the lockscreen that is the problem..
When u use Fingerprint lockscreen, it;s not loading the standard lockscreen..

Greetz Jordi..

I had the same problem that you are talking about with the screen not coming on for couple seconds when locked. But that problem is different than the freezing problem(atleast for me)

Do you have Advanced task killer installed? here's what solved my problem of screen not coming back on for couple seconds.

In advance task killer I changed the "frequency to kill (I don't remember the exact word)" to 30 minutes instead of "when screen gets off" and it solved the problem.

Please let me know if this works for u too so that I can add it to the first post.

Last edited:

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
This may be a silly question but why would deleting the wm Gsensor file affect android at all, because android doesnt run adjacent to wm ?

Android doesn't run adjacent to wm but it sure uses some drivers from WinMo. And I am sure about that because I get Robotic voice when using certain WinMo roms. Also changing some settings in wm helps with the battery life. So it is certain that Android uses some drivers from WinMo.

mustang_3kgt

Feb 10, 2009
El Paso, TX
Radio

Thanks for helping out guys. Everything is going smooth with Android but the only thing that I'm having problems with is the SOD. I currently have radio 2.10.50.26 and I'm reluctant on changing radio to the one recommended (2.13.xx.02 radio). My question is: What is the difference between these two radios? What changes? Will I get better/worse signal and data speeds? BTW Im using a tmobile hd2 with energy rom. Thank you for your help.

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
Android doesn't run adjacent to wm but it sure uses some drivers from WinMo. And I am sure about that because I get Robotic voice when using certain WinMo roms. Also changing some settings in wm helps with the battery life. So it is certain that Android uses some drivers from WinMo.
I tried to delete hklm/drivers/builtin/gsensor but resco reg editor says "the key cannot be deleted".So i went inside key and in the value dll gsensor.dll i wrote something else.I did soft reset.In winmo boots correctly.But in android doesnt boot again.It stucks in white screen with htc logo.I correct the value,but still nothing.I made hardreset but no luck.Now i restore from spb backup my winmo installation and i am going to do a new clean install of android.

hardik119

Jan 20, 2008
Thanks for helping out guys. Everything is going smooth with Android but the only thing that I'm having problems with is the SOD. I currently have radio 2.10.50.26 and I'm reluctant on changing radio to the one recommended (2.13.xx.02 radio). My question is: What is the difference between these two radios? What changes? Will I get better/worse signal and data speeds? BTW Im using a tmobile hd2 with energy rom. Thank you for your help.

I am not sure what are the differences between the radios and the better/worse signal depends on the area and network you are using. with the same radio some ppl get better reception while some get worse. So you will have to experiment yourself.

I tried to delete hklm/drivers/builtin/gsensor but resco reg editor says "the key cannot be deleted".So i went inside key and in the value dll gsensor.dll i wrote something else.I did soft reset.In winmo boots correctly.But in android doesnt boot again.It stucks in white screen with htc logo.I correct the value,but still nothing.I made hardreset but no luck.Now i restore from spb backup my winmo installation and i am going to do a new clean install of android.

I am sorry to hear that. Some people have reported that they got the freezing problem solved by deleting the registry key. Did you try the calibration trick???

HD2freaKK

Jun 5, 2010
Zadar
www.gsmarena.com
Hi there...

Thx for the advice about the screen freezing...i tryed the calibration but still freezes then i deleted the gsensor.dll and till now evrything going right..for about 3-4 h of using the phone without freezes...thx dude for the advice!!!!

Cheers!!!
EDIT: The thing to deleting gsensor.dll definetly work...before when i was playing UNO it was freezing evry 5 min. and now playing for 40 minutes without a single FREEZ...amaizing suggestion....;) Thx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He where can i find the registry file for editing? I found a "default" file (registry?) but I couldn't open it for editing.. suggestions?