No registration required

[Q] [NEED HELP] Samsung Galaxy S NOT Recognized by Windows 7

OP Zavonn

12th August 2010, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
[FIXED] thanks guys

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S, the computer doesn't do ANYTHING (it doesn't recognize that anything has been connected), and the SGS doesn't even recognize that it's connected to anything. All the phone does is charge...not even a notification drop down prompts me to enter USB mass storage or charge etc. I've factory reset the phone many times (plugged & unplugged), and nothing seems to fix it. I can't find my SGS in the Device manager to reinstall drivers either.

I am running Windows 7 64bit on a Sony Vaio, if that helps.

I've searched tons of sites & forums and none seems to have a working solution...Any ideas/fixes?
Last edited by Zavonn; 13th August 2010 at 01:28 AM.
12th August 2010, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
I think I found the problem I was having...I was using a Rocketfish CHARGING cable, and although it looks like a USB cable (it connects to the computer via usb), it does nothing but charge...so I took off the micro usb adapter that affixed onto the mini usb charging cable and re-affixed it onto a random mini usb cable I had lying around. And now it connects to the computer! I can now use all the other tutorials fixing the generic "usb driver not installed properly" problem.
12th August 2010, 06:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
UPDATE: I was following the tutorial on http://theunlockr.com/2009/12/02/how...amsung-galaxy/ but when I get to the fastboot part, my phone won't boot into fastboot.... Can anyone help?
12th August 2010, 07:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

73 posts
download 64-bit drivers here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929

turn on usb-debugging mode in settings. you have to manually choose to mount the volume on the SGS every time you plug it in.

should work.
12th August 2010, 10:28 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,580

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
you need to either install KIES, or install the drivers included in the Android SDK
12th August 2010, 10:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

you need to either install KIES, or install the drivers included in the Android SDK

I got my phone to connect & be recognized by my computer, but I can't seem to get my phone into fastboot. Can anyone tell me which keys to press...?
13th August 2010, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

123 posts
More
I had the exact same problem. Googled and found a forum post somewhere with the following solution:

Turn off Galaxy S. Connect to pc by USB. Turn on Galaxy S.

Yeah.

Worked for me, anyway. Ever since I did that it's been working fine even if I connect it while it's turned on.

EDIT: Gah, didn't notice you had it solved already, thought the second post was from someone else. Oh well.
Last edited by Spitfire128; 13th August 2010 at 12:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spitfire128 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2010, 12:27 AM   |  #8  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,580

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavonn

I got my phone to connect & be recognized by my computer, but I can't seem to get my phone into fastboot. Can anyone tell me which keys to press...?

steps to get into those boot modes
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...xy_S/GT-I9000M
23rd August 2010, 12:25 AM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto

124 posts
More
I can't get mine to connect using the above methods to windows 7 - windows 7 says it cannot install the MTB drivers.
23rd August 2010, 06:19 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

848 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladman

I can't get mine to connect using the above methods to windows 7 - windows 7 says it cannot install the MTB drivers.

Uninstall/reinstall kies.. Under kies, repair drivers.. Worked for me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread