XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low on space - Database storage is getting low error message

Tip us?

talltexan
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal View Post
I'd say /data/dbdata is getting full. Check with root explorer. Did you do the old lag fix? If so, revert and install one of the newer versions. If not, you need to figure out what app is loading lots of data in there. "du -h /data/dbdata" post the results and maybe we can help.
Whats the best Terminal and Root Explorer app? I have been out of the game since the G1. I was on CM2 i think if that tells you how far back its been and i always used their terminal/root explorer.
LG Nexus 4
Radio: Stock
ROM: AOKP MR1 Build 1
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3

Retired Phones:
T-Mobile Samsung SGS II T-989 CM 10 installed
BB Pearl (gave to 4 diffrent family members)
G1 - Brown (2 weeks prerelease worked for Tmobile at the time) CM4
G2 - Sold

T-mobile Iphone 5 - Wifes phone so dont judge!

T959 (Vibrant) - retired CM 9 installed

Proud member of TmoNews come and join us

ttabbal
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltexan View Post
Whats the best Terminal and Root Explorer app? I have been out of the game since the G1. I was on CM2 i think if that tells you how far back its been and i always used their terminal/root explorer.
I like sufbs, but there are a bunch. For terminal, I like connectbot. For this stuff, a computer with adb would be best so you can cut and paste the output to the forum.

talltexan
Old
(Last edited by talltexan; 15th August 2010 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
From what i can tell i think its my contacts..... for some reason Gmail is syncing just email adresses with no phone numbers and visa versa. Also i have found that under my section for "john" i have John then 4 linked contacts that are unknown. I wonder if this is causing the disruption. This all happened today as well as my Facebook links no longer linked to contacts.

EDIT: I deleted 241 of my random contacts that were emails i had made i will report back later to see if this happens again.

EDIT2: The red memory card came back , this time i clicked on it and deleted the bloated 80meg contact section didnt seem to delete contacts off my phone however will update if this fixes it.
LG Nexus 4

Retired Phones:
G2 - Sold

ttabbal
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Try not using facebook contact sync. I've heard of people having problems with it. At least it should help you figure or if that's the problem. Or I suppose you could move the contacts db to another location. I have a fairly busy gmail contacts list and haven't seen nearly that level of data being used for it.

talltexan
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal View Post
Try not using facebook contact sync. I've heard of people having problems with it. At least it should help you figure or if that's the problem. Or I suppose you could move the contacts db to another location. I have a fairly busy gmail contacts list and haven't seen nearly that level of data being used for it.

After deleting the bloated Contacts i haven't gotten the error (i was sure to export the list from Google prior to deleting it) Also removing the Facebook Apps ability to sync and only leaving stock brought back the Contacts facebook updates.
LG Nexus 4

Retired Phones:
G2 - Sold

emiletelkamp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey,

I had the same problem on my galaxy s, it seemed that the Samsung app store caused the problem with me. I tried downloading asphalt 5 when the phone prompted that the database memory was low. I left the program and tried different things, only to find out that i just had to cancel the download in the samsung app store, then it deleted the temp files and everything worked fine again.

Hope this helps?

Grtz Emile

iflyabeech
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I have hard reset my phone twice due to this problem.. The last time, I downloaded cachemate for root, and clearing the cache worked for a couple days the couple of times I used it.. Today i cleared the cache and it didn't work...Manually cleared contacts, and the error went away, but I lost all of my contact pics....Hopefully they will resync from gmail....I don't get it.. didn't have this problem with G1!

Need a custom Froyo ROM!
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
ROM: icbinb 2.3.7
CARD: 32gb class 6 SDcard

talltexan
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyabeech View Post
I have hard reset my phone twice due to this problem.. The last time, I downloaded cachemate for root, and clearing the cache worked for a couple days the couple of times I used it.. Today i cleared the cache and it didn't work...Manually cleared contacts, and the error went away, but I lost all of my contact pics....Hopefully they will resync from gmail....I don't get it.. didn't have this problem with G1!

Need a custom Froyo ROM!
Have you tried what i suggested? I haven't had the error since i deleted the contacts app.
LG Nexus 4

Retired Phones:
G2 - Sold

iflyabeech
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltexan View Post
Have you tried what i suggested? I haven't had the error since i deleted the contacts app.

When I clicked on the red icon it brought up a list of programs and how much space they were using...

It said contacts was 105mb. The biggest of the other apps was around 4 mb....

I click on delete contacts which emptied them off my phone and the warning went away.. I will post back here if it returns. It has been returning every day or so when I was clearing it by clearing the cache.
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
ROM: icbinb 2.3.7
CARD: 32gb class 6 SDcard

kiapolo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm getting the low on space warning only after doing GPS tracking...sucks!
Nexus 5 & 7

Tags
database space, samsung vibrant, vibrant