[MOD] Smooth-Mods 1.0.4 Updated 12/05/10!
Hello all. If you venture outside of the Evo section here you may run into one of my favorite mods, Smooth-Sense by Jercik. I'll let him explain the idea behind the mod.
Here are the current changes for Smooth-Sense:
Originally Posted by jercik
I love original HTC Sense look and feel, but I also love percentage battery. So I made percentage battery which looks like original one
. But after that, I realized that some other sense icons could be better. E.g.: sync icon - it is not animated, but I think it should be! So I decided to make theme/icon set for Sense ROMs, which will look like original, but will be extended by new smoother animations and new icons
- battery % with 101 power levels
- smooth battery charging animation
- animated synchronization icon (Sorry for the .gif quality. Actual quality is the same as the old icon.
- 2 additional frames on gps acquiring animation
- new download animation
- new upload animation
- new ADB icon (which before looked like the warning icon) (Android 2.2 versions only
- new no sim icon (which wasn't updated for the Evo style)
- new notify sd card icon (which before looked like the sd card prepare icon)
Here is what the notification bar may look like after applying:
(aka please read)
This mod was originally made for the Desire by Jercik. Most of the credit goes to him. I only ported it to the Evo and used the Evo icon set. You can view the original thread here
. If you want to use the Desire and original icon set I suggest using persibro's version
This is a framework-res.apk mod so there is a good chance that it will erase any themes you may have applied previously. Send me a PM with a link to your theme and what icons you want to use from my theme and if I have time I will send you a compatible version.
This mod should work for most of the 2.2 ROMs based off the HTC release (Baked Snack, Fresh, SteelH, etc.). If for some reason it doesn't, let me know and I will throw a working version up.
keep a current nandroid backup before applying any theme, mod, or something that alters the OS or core functionalities.
12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.4 for OTA 3.30.651.3 and higher
12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.3 for Roms 3.30.651.2 and lower
8/20/10 Smooth-Sense for Android 2.1 Based Roms 1.0.2
8/20/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.2
8/20/10 Smooth-Sense with White Sync Icon 1.0.2
- A preview of the new version of smooth-sense has been released. Check this post for details
- New versions added. 1.0.4 is for Roms based on OTA 3.30.651.3. 1.0.3 is for Roms based on previous OTAs.
- Smooth-REVOlution and battery only versions removed for simplicity and lack of interest.
- Slightly changed OP to reflect the changes in currently available versions.
- Added a temporary version. Check the download section for details.
- Added CM6 (final, not RC) versions for Smooth-REVOlution, both with and without battery percentage. Read the 8/20/10 update in this changelog for full details on applying.
- Re-added and moved some old versions of Smooth-Sense and Smooth-REVOlution to the old
section of the downloads. Old versions are kept if there are valid reasons why someone would want them as opposed to the newer version, usually for aesthetic or compatibility purposes.
- White GTalk icon in all Smooth-Sense versions, as requested.
- Reverted some revisions and additions made in previous versions to make porting and changing easier.
- Revised update-script used by recovery when flashing. This should help reduce the number of issues people report due to not updating properly.
- Added 2.1 version of Smooth-Sense. Tested and working on Fresh-evo 1.0.1.
- Updated Smooth-REVOlution (Manup's REVOlution themed version) with the same changes as Smooth-Sense and added download link to OP. This should be flashed on top of Manup's REVOlution theme.
- Added CM6RC2 version of Smooth-REVOlution. This should be flashed instead of Manup's REVOlution theme because as of now there is no RC2 version of the original theme.
After flashing revolutionapps1.1.zip will be placed on your SD card. Flash this file to replace the default apps with the ones included in Manup's theme. These apps may be out of date so only flash if you want don't mind that and want themed versions. To fix the text colors go to settings>CyanogenMod settings>User Interface>Tweaks extras and select Import colors from XML and reboot. I have been told that this does not work on the nightlies and no, I will not make a version for them.
- Old versions will be left attached below until I have an alternate dl for them. Please use the download links directly below the changelog from now on.
- A Manup's REVOlution theme version has been released for Sense based roms. View the post here
- Added a battery only version for a different icon set. If the old icons look wrong to you and you want to keep it that way download the _wrong.zip version.
- A white version of the GTalk icon will be pushed to other versions soon.
- Added a battery replacement only version.
- Added a version with an animated white sync icon.