FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[REQ] avatar tv out fix?

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By khtims, Senior Member on 12th August 2010, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey, I have searched and searched and found nothing referring much to the avatar tv out. I have tv out and I know it is posted that we cannot run avatar through the tv out. my question is can anyone make it possible to run avatar with tv out? I know nothing about programming and I don't know if the app that connects to the movie file can simply be edited to allow for tv out access. If it can be done can someone please tell me how? I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed but I have not seen it anywhere. Thanks for your help.

12th August 2010, 06:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Nope its DRM protected. The only way to do it is buy the DVD and rip a non DRM copy to your computer the put it on your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
12th August 2010, 07:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middleton

More
that's what I was afraid of but thought it was worth a try to see if anyone could "crack" it. Thanks for the quick reply.
12th August 2010, 07:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I wonder if the micro-to-hdmi plug would allow it?
12th August 2010, 07:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middleton

More
I do not have the cable for that yet. You'll have to let me know if it works for you if you try it.
13th August 2010, 01:33 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Have anyone try a video converter program?
13th August 2010, 01:42 AM |#7  
Flag Acworth, GA
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohmer

I wonder if the micro-to-hdmi plug would allow it?

That's gonna be really interesting to find out - technically, it SHOULD, since the video never has to enter the analog domain and can remain copy protected throughout. But then again, you never know...
27th August 2010, 04:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I believe it uses HDCP so no you won't get much flexibility out of it. It's amazing how much effort they will go through to prevent you from watching your movie on your devices - especially when you consider that it takes 5 minutes to find a 20GB Avatar torrent, throw it to handbrake, and get a higher quality rip that you CAN stream wherever you want.

Just go around their BS until they get the message and just cut it out.
27th August 2010, 05:36 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 23,062

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin0641

I believe it uses HDCP so no you won't get much flexibility out of it. It's amazing how much effort they will go through to prevent you from watching your movie on your devices - especially when you consider that it takes 5 minutes to find a 20GB Avatar torrent, throw it to handbrake, and get a higher quality rip that you CAN stream wherever you want.

Just go around their BS until they get the message and just cut it out.

*cough* warez *cough*
27th August 2010, 05:45 PM |#10  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Its not wares if you own an original copy... its called a backup
3rd November 2010, 03:52 AM |#11  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
micro to hdmi cord
I have already tried with the micro cord to hdmi as well as the cord for the headjack. both with no success it is pointless to try.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread