Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Introducing Shelves, A Collection Management App

OP gjtorikian

13th August 2010, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
Shelves is an Android application that manages your collection of apparel, books, gadgets, movies, music, software, tools, toys, and video games from your Android device.

With Shelves, you can add items by scanning their barcodes, through Web searches, entering details manually, or by importing from or exporting to other sources (with full support for Delicious Library). Shelves organizes your collection with sorts, searches, and tags. You can loan items to friends in your contact list, or rate items for your personal use. Additionally, items can be in any language!

It's available for versions of Android 1.5 or higher. The website for the app is here: http://www.shelvesforandroid.com

Feel free to ask me any question or make suggestions!
Last edited by gjtorikian; 16th August 2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: adding url/image
13th August 2010, 04:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Antioch
Thanks Meter: 112

604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just downloaded it to test or out cause I want to keep track of my games and who I lend them to

EDIT insane how useful this is I did a test bulk scan in of about 10 games scanning them in one after another then backed out and it got all the info for them cover art ... Publishers ... Release year ... And in some cases some background info

Sent from my Motorola Droid XPT
13th August 2010, 06:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ottawa, ON
Thanks Meter: 65

1,055 posts
More
Looks great. Can't wait to get into it!
13th August 2010, 06:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Fantastic app and insanely useful. Now to figure out how to get it to import into Delicious Library 2 properly.

I import but it doesn't import all the data, only some of it. I think it pulls using ASIN data whereas Shelves only provides EAN data. Certainly not a deal breaker, but definitely a hassle.
13th August 2010, 07:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 35

639 posts
More
QR for those that want it

Downloading now, not sure I understand the concept though. Free though, so can't hurt to try it out.

Edit: Doesn't look like an app I'd use, but looks well done when I played with it.
Last edited by E_man5112; 13th August 2010 at 07:23 AM.
13th August 2010, 05:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlood

EDIT insane how useful this is I did a test bulk scan in of about 10 games scanning them in one after another then backed out and it got all the info for them cover art ... Publishers ... Release year ... And in some cases some background info

Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairecakes

Fantastic app and insanely useful. Now to figure out how to get it to import into Delicious Library 2 properly.

I import but it doesn't import all the data, only some of it. I think it pulls using ASIN data whereas Shelves only provides EAN data. Certainly not a deal breaker, but definitely a hassle.

Hmm, you're the second person to say that it doesn't work properly with Delicious Library 2 (the other one was a Market comment). I intentionally extended this to work with DL2. As far as I can tell, DL2 doesn't accept ASIN imports, only EAN/ISBN. If I'm wrong about this let me know. Getting the ASIN as the export isn't impossible...

EDIT: Oh damn...if I make the column heading "amazon link," it populates everything. Let me fix that for the items and I'll push out an upgrade super soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man5112

Doesn't look like an app I'd use, but looks well done when I played with it.

Well, thanks for the QR code all the same
Last edited by gjtorikian; 13th August 2010 at 05:29 PM.
13th August 2010, 08:03 PM   |  #7  

7 posts
You sir are a super hero. I look forward to giving it a go!
14th August 2010, 07:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairecakes

You sir are a super hero. I look forward to giving it a go!

I just pushed 2.4.2 right now. It's changed the headers on the Delicious Library exports to "amazon link." Thanks very much for pointing this out. Your ratings can also be imported from Shelves to DL.
14th August 2010, 09:52 PM   |  #9  

7 posts
Works wonderfully now! Thanks for the quick fix.
15th August 2010, 04:41 PM   |  #10  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - There is no N00b...
Flag Somewhere in NL
Thanks Meter: 847

3,344 posts
Could you add Dutch support? I've got around 60+ PS3 games and I lend them out on a regular basis. But once I scan them your app says I might already have them and it adds 0.

Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread