XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2.1 update for UK streaks

Tip us?

AdamG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3872

DONATE TO ME
I have just finished downloading it and I'm flashing it now, I will make a rooted update.zip of 2.1 for our non UK friends.

spartan73
Old
Thanks Meter 0
been into the o2 store today on my lunch to play with the streak... said there was an update adavilable and to connect to wifi to download it. guess o2 are pushing this out OTA now?

Any news on getting the 1.2 update to work on unlocked dell streaks? i.e the ones bought directly from dell and not through carphone warhouse or o2?

vinokirk
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Just d/l the update and stick it on you sd card, it will work perfectly!
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 10.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:

courtlandre
Old
Thanks Meter 5
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb9cvm5uaap2z8k <-- mirror

enne91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
I have just finished downloading it and I'm flashing it now, I will make a rooted update.zip of 2.1 for our non UK friends.
That would be awesome and much appreciated

Thanx in advance

spences10
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Does anyone know how the ROMManager ‘remove recovery’ option works? I’m thinking about giving this a try so that I can revert to stocl recovery and flash me some 2.1 goodnes !!

Oh yeah.
I have ORD

Nexus 5; Nexus 7

Circle Me or Follow Me

Android History: HTC Magic; DELL Streak; ZTE Blade; HTC Desire; Nexus S; HTC Desire Z; HTC Wildfire; LG Optimus 2x; HTC Hero, Acer Liquid Metal; HTC MyTouch 4G; Orange San Diego <SMH; Huawei Ascend G300; Samsung Galaxy Nexus; Nexus 4

marciu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan73 View Post
been into the o2 store today on my lunch to play with the streak... said there was an update adavilable and to connect to wifi to download it. guess o2 are pushing this out OTA now?

Any news on getting the 1.2 update to work on unlocked dell streaks? i.e the ones bought directly from dell and not through carphone warhouse or o2?
Just follow this http://android.modaco.com/content-pa...edly/page/20/# and instead of official dell rom use update available few post above. works perfect... You will get an O2 splash screen :/ anyone knows how to remove it?

peppelo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can i try this update on my streak free sim not o2? i have buy it from english ebay user.
can i come back if update is not good for me?

AdamG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3872

DONATE TO ME
I cant get clockworkmod recovery working after the update, anyone else having this problem?

squalllion1uk
Old
(Last edited by squalllion1uk; 13th August 2010 at 02:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciu View Post
... You will get an O2 splash screen :/ anyone knows how to remove it?
Arent we lucky we get that lovely O2 splash eh? ....I've always had it just need to root to get rid of it, I sent you a pm with info.

So this is the 2.1 beta? Hmm what to do :eek: