OP fards

24th August 2010, 11:34 AM   |  #61  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 781

5,587 posts
Donate to Me
More
you should be able to flash a version of it with fastboot, (such as the zip that Paul did) do you not get the blue text appear during recovery?
24th August 2010, 11:55 AM   |  #62  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 0

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

you should be able to flash a version of it with fastboot, (such as the zip that Paul did) do you not get the blue text appear during recovery?

Thanks Fards... I'll have a crack at it tonight. I've only tried via fastboot (vol keys pressed at power on). When I select update, I just get blank screen.

I guess the next thing to try is to do it via my PC.
24th August 2010, 12:55 PM   |  #63  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 781

5,587 posts
Donate to Me
More
that sounds like you haven't got the stock recovery then (recovery is volume) (fastboot is camera)
24th August 2010, 01:12 PM   |  #64  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 0

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

that sounds like you haven't got the stock recovery then (recovery is volume) (fastboot is camera)

Well that's the bizarre thing: I didn't think I'd changed the recovery, having only flashed stock - 4399 - 6941 (I have to confess my relative ignorance of the Android way of things though). I did download stock as linked on THIS useful post by lufc, and installed it as per his instructions.

EDIT: sorry yes fastboot = camera, I used that to reflash the stock recovery. Then use vol key to boot into it for update flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread