Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Universal 1-Click root

Tip us?
 
swapped
Old
(Last edited by swapped; 17th August 2010 at 03:19 PM.) Reason: Added newer version 1.6.1
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 59
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598


Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED
Attached Files
File Type: apk UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (153.3 KB, 1884 views)
File Type: apk UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (322.7 KB, 6934 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swapped For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
theresthatguy
Old
#2  
theresthatguy's Avatar
Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 424
Join Date: Nov 2009
confirmed this works.

Franken Rom for 2.1
TTG Rom for 1.5

Download my vCard if you need to catch me on Gtalk.
 
scottspa74
Old
#3  
scottspa74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,810
Posts: 8,410
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default question...

I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Looks great, and thank you.
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all
 
jxr94
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 1,490
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Looks great, and thank you.
Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?
 
swapped
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 59
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Looks great, and thank you.
The app has a 1.5 setting (I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS), but I would recommend doing the 2.1 update first as you will get a newer radio etc....

The point where you do the nandroid backup and wipe is after you install a recovery image. Once you have recovery image installed, you boot into recovery (all stuff you can do from rom manager) and then you do it from there.
 
scottspa74
Old
(Last edited by scottspa74; 11th August 2010 at 11:07 PM.) Reason: missed swappeds' post
#6  
scottspa74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,810
Posts: 8,410
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxr94 View Post
Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?
Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all
 
theresthatguy
Old
#7  
theresthatguy's Avatar
Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 424
Join Date: Nov 2009
The app installs superuser

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Franken Rom for 2.1
TTG Rom for 1.5

Download my vCard if you need to catch me on Gtalk.
 
edisonalvarez
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 944
Join Date: Apr 2010
I just used this on my wifes phone and I had some issues downloading the apk file initially but after that, this was the EASIEST way to ROOT hands down...almost too easy to believe to be honest. WOW....thank you all who contirbuted to this....
 
MrDowntown12
Old
#9  
MrDowntown12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 497
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how...-in-one-click/
The Following User Says Thank You to MrDowntown12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ku_
Old
#10  
ku_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa Fl.
Will this work for EvO?

sent from my EVO 4g on the best App XDA Developers !!!!

Tags
2.1, image, recovery, rom, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more