Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Universal 1-Click root

OP swapped

11th August 2010, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

NEW VERSION ADDED
Attached Files
File Type: apk UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (153.3 KB, 1897 views)
File Type: apk UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (322.7 KB, 6977 views)
Last edited by swapped; 17th August 2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added newer version 1.6.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swapped For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2010, 11:01 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Meter: 11

424 posts
More
confirmed this works.
11th August 2010, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2,923

8,616 posts
More
question...
I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Looks great, and thank you.
11th August 2010, 11:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 236

1,494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74

I've rooted my Evo , but now tryin to help a buddy root his hero. New to this. I'm curious about some specifics of this. At what point can you nand backup and wipe? As I've noticed most peoples problems rooting come from not wiping data, dalvik cache, and factory reset.

Also, you need to do the 2.1 update before doin this, does it matter? My buddys hero is still on 1.5. Any extra info, specifics, technical info much appreciated.

Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?
11th August 2010, 11:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Quote:

The app has a 1.5 setting (I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS), but I would recommend doing the 2.1 update first as you will get a newer radio etc....

The point where you do the nandroid backup and wipe is after you install a recovery image. Once you have recovery image installed, you boot into recovery (all stuff you can do from rom manager) and then you do it from there.
12th August 2010, 12:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2,923

8,616 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxr94

Yes you would have to update to 2.1 for this to work, but since your 1.5 why not just root from there?

Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?
Last edited by scottspa74; 12th August 2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: missed swappeds' post
12th August 2010, 12:57 AM   |  #7  
Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Meter: 11

424 posts
More
The app installs superuser

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
12th August 2010, 02:54 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 133

944 posts
I just used this on my wifes phone and I had some issues downloading the apk file initially but after that, this was the EASIEST way to ROOT hands down...almost too easy to believe to be honest. WOW....thank you all who contirbuted to this....
12th August 2010, 07:19 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 175

497 posts
More
Quote:

Hmmm. Ok. I just started lookin into this for him last night. This appears to be the easiest root method I've ever seen. Is there a root method or exploit for 1.5 that's as easy as this? Hard to imagine so. I've seen a 9 step root from 1.5 so far , but if this works from 2.1, it seems it'd be easier to update to 2.1, then do this.

This provides full root, recovery, and nand unlock, though, huh?
IDK if there's some other method that you know of that's easy, AND reliable, it'd be much appreciated. Don't wanna jack up my buddys phone. I'd never live it down.

Thanks though.
And @ swapped, thanks, I missed your reply before I posted this.

Oh, and is the superuser app included in this ? For my Evo, I had to put a SU zip on SD and flash it. Same for hero?

Dont know if this is the 9 step you're talking about but this is the easiest way to root 1.5

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/18/how...-in-one-click/
The Following User Says Thank You to MrDowntown12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2010, 07:30 AM   |  #10  
Flag Tampa Fl.
Thanks Meter: 19

150 posts
More
Will this work for EvO?

sent from my EVO 4g on the best App XDA Developers !!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.1, image, recovery, rom, root
Previous Thread Next Thread