Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BUG..............Please advise

Tip us?

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BUG..............Please advise

hi guys, well to cut it short my market isnt downloading, one of the users "GHIDDA" put forward the suggestion that i have activated a bug in market (infinity downloading at 0 KB or ETERNAL DOWNLOADING) by removing gtalk130 or chat1.6,

ive checked my apps and dont have chat1.6, it was suggested that i flash my rom, i know how to flash but what i need is some pointers on the ROM required and if some of the excellent brains on here could tell me more i would be bloody grateful lol

MarylandCookie
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
If you have Titanium Backup installed browse to Backup/Restore tab and list here what google apps you have installed and we will take it from there.

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default im a dunce

[QUOTE=MarylandCookie;7669397]If you have Titanium Backup installed browse to Backup/Restore tab and list here what google apps you have installed and we will take it from there.[/QUOT

i dont have it, i used seus to repair my firmware back to r2ba026 uk gen, i could go through the flash process to give me r2ba023 rooted, would only take me 15 mins, i think the problem is ive messed my phone right up and would be better flashing a gen uk voda and taking it to the shop to get it sorted,

zephyrix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just reflash?

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooted again

ok rooted using flashto r2ba023 generic via the steps on forum got titanium loaded and ready

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default reflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrix View Post
Just reflash?
i have reflashed m8, a few times, still keeps happening, i reckon its down to either the vending or the talk apps that i might have deleted using root explorer, dont know if you can restore things from system or the data folder????

MarylandCookie
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Can you list the google apps that you have left installed? Do you have IM?

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default google apps

google apps 1.3
google mail 1.3
google mail storage 1.6
google partner setup 1.6
google search (enhanced) 1.6
google search 1.6
google setting provider 1.6
google talk 1.3
google talk service 1.3

IM 1.6

MarylandCookie
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Interesting... All google apps are there.. Hmm...
When you flashed you handset what firmware did you use? And from where did you download it?
Go to this post by Grospolina:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=65
Download the pack and flash that firmware.
Dont use titanium backup to restore any settings..

Andiiboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sweet

one of the old ones going from rf16 through step 2 then 3 to give r2ba023 then step 3 to root, originally had uk gen r2ba026 unrooted, used x10 root to root installed titanium and root explorer, went OTT with the delete and browsing through allsorts of folders, deleting what i thought was useless (inc things in data and app and delvic so it might be down to a missing file or something from them perhaps.....im a effin newbie hence FNG) hard reset got what i thought was a great looking simplified phone and aaarrrggghhh market not working, which was weird as i had rooted and restored a few times as i kept making mistakes and market was working as i had to download ASTRO to install the x10root.apk, but after a last restore it just stopped working.........................hence im a DUNCE