Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant

Tip us?

luvjones305
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default help

i flashed it on my droid now my wifi is foreclosing on me why how do i take it off

blackplatypus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjones305 View Post
i flashed it on my droid now my wifi is foreclosing on me why how do i take it off
push your original wpa_supplicant file back (get it from your rom zipfile)

adb remount
adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin

luvjones305
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Cool hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatypus View Post
push your original wpa_supplicant file back (get it from your rom zipfile)

adb remount
adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin
i took it off by reinstalling the same rom over it deleted the kernel an the wifi to so im back to normal now but yea how do i do this properly i thought i just it on the rom an every thing is ok lol an whats adb

blackplatypus
Old
(Last edited by blackplatypus; 17th August 2010 at 07:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjones305 View Post
i took it off by reinstalling the same rom over it deleted the kernel an the wifi to so im back to normal now but yea how do i do this properly i thought i just it on the rom an every thing is ok lol an whats adb
its included in the android sdk toolchain.

Can all the people which had problems, check the version of wpa_supplicant their rom is using? connectbot or via adb in cmd.exe/shell (adb shell wpa_supplicant -v) and post the output?.

It seems like some newer roms are using wpa_supplicant v6 with different libs.

You can try to use the precompiled wpa_supplicant from daveba http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=6

our flash the attached signed update zip. (its the same file)

Attention: its not my file!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip wpa6_adhoc-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (175.8 KB, 21206 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackplatypus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luvjones305
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Cool hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatypus View Post
its included in the android sdk toolchain.

Can all the people which had problems, check the version of wpa_supplicant their rom is using? connectbot or via adb in cmd.exe/shell (adb shell wpa_supplicant -v) and post the output?.

It seems like some newer roms are using wpa_supplicant v6 with different libs.

You can try to use the precompiled wpa_supplicant from daveba http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=6

our flash the attached signed update zip. (its the same file)

Attention: its not my file!!
i dont have sdk i have mod recovery with the rom manager app that what i use for swapping roms an kernels i follow the same procedures when i flash roms on my motorola droid flashed an rooted on metropcs froyo frg01b kernel lv-250-1250 an i have connect bot in my sd card an i dont know what its for i bought the phone like this so what is connect bot im a noobie left blackberry to join the android family lol

zeze_camarao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how do I apply this patch to SGS?
i dont now how to apply.

RossLH
Old
(Last edited by RossLH; 17th August 2010 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
This is causing some serious wifi issues with my Droid (running a rooted version of the original Froyo ROM). Immediately, I noticed that the phone couldn't scan for wifi networks. I replaced the file with the wpa6 file, had the same issues. Replaced both files with the original wpa supplement included in the ROM, and now wifi still wont work.

EDIT: Nandroid restore did the trick.

blackplatypus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossLH View Post
This is causing some serious wifi issues with my Droid (running a rooted version of the original Froyo ROM). Immediately, I noticed that the phone couldn't scan for wifi networks. I replaced the file with the wpa6 file, had the same issues. Replaced both files with the original wpa supplement included in the ROM, and now wifi still wont work.

EDIT: Nandroid restore did the trick.
after pushing the original file "adb shell chmod 0755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant" might help to set again correct permissions.

a logfile using "adb logcat" would be nice to see the error output.

manicmoose
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Using the "wpa6_adhoc-signed.zip" version, I can connect to another Android phone's wireless hotspot, but I can't connect to my Windows-7 adhoc connection using wpa2. I can see the connection, but just not connect to it.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
Enom 2.11.3 ROM, btw.

blackplatypus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmoose View Post
Using the "wpa6_adhoc-signed.zip" version, I can connect to another Android phone's wireless hotspot, but I can't connect to my Windows-7 adhoc connection using wpa2. I can see the connection, but just not connect to it.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
Enom 2.11.3 ROM, btw.
yeah thats because adhoc supports only open or WEP encrypted network (in wifi tether too you can only use WEP). It seems that newer windows edition (7, vista) support WPA2 AES, probably a windows only thing, but not sure about that.