Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[PROGRAM] Heimdall - Open-Source Cross-Platform Flashing Suite (1.4.0 Now Available)

OP Benjamin Dobell

15th April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #1501  
Thanks Meter: 50

806 posts
OSX, Uploading PIT failed - workaround
I tried 1.3.2 and OSX 10.7.3 and ran into the uploading PIT failed issue when trying to flash with Heimdall.

I rolled back to 1.3.0 and it seems to work fine - give it a shot in case you also run into this issue.
22nd April 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #1502  
Taipei
Thanks Meter: 4

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinds

I tried 1.3.2 and OSX 10.7.3 and ran into the uploading PIT failed issue when trying to flash with Heimdall.

I rolled back to 1.3.0 and it seems to work fine - give it a shot in case you also run into this issue.

I still run osx snow leopard, im guessing must have issues with the os

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2012, 08:09 AM   |  #1503  
Flag yerres

54 posts
More
juste kernel
Hi
If i load an heimdall package and after load/customize if I remove all stuff and keep only kernel file is it possible to flash and so just update kernel on galaxy ?

regards
26th April 2012, 08:04 AM   |  #1504  
Flag ???
Thanks Meter: 248

552 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthalpie

Hi
If i load an heimdall package and after load/customize if I remove all stuff and keep only kernel file is it possible to flash and so just update kernel on galaxy ?

regards

yep, or you could rip the package apart and only flash the kernel.

leaked from my ICS- FUSED SGS I897 contaminating you via XDA app.
26th April 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #1505  
Flag yerres

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNaRkI

yep, or you could rip the package apart and only flash the kernel.

Yes I have try and that's work i flash without repartition

great
1st May 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #1506  
Flag vancouver
Thanks Meter: 33

277 posts
More
My uncle was trying to update his Galaxy S via Kies in Windows and the update failed while installing and he was left with a brick, could only boot into download mode while holding down vol down and power buttons or yellow sign with exclamation if only pressing power.

So he gave it to me to unbrick and I use a Mac so I downloaded Heimdall and XXJVU (2.3.6), device was detected by Heimdall and so I proceded with loading that package and this is what I got:

Code:
ERROR: Failed to confirm end of PIT file transfer!
PIT upload failed!
Ending session...
Rebooting device...
The screen went black and now the phone is completely dead, I've tried removing the battery, the USB cable, and different combinations of either or plugged in while holding down various combinations of buttons and cannot get the phone to show any signs of life whatsoever.

Uncles phone was a SGS Captivate from Rogers Canada and prior to his failed update it was running 2.2 Froyo

*UPDATE: Pulled battery and removed cable for several minutes, also pressed the power button and held it in for a minute to discharge any remaining power...replaced battery and held vol down + power button and I'm back in download mode
Last edited by bobbytomorow; 1st May 2012 at 07:19 AM.
1st May 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #1507  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 25

81 posts
More
Had that happen to me also. I'm sure there is a cleaner way to success, but what worked for me was to install a different version of heimdall. At this point I have two versions of heimdall on my Mac. I need to install one of then for One-Clicks and the other for non-One-Click versions. Can't remember which works for which, but its probably different for each Mac anyway.

Edit: btw I literally had the same exact error message!

@Bobby look 5 posts above yours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
Last edited by DozenMadder; 1st May 2012 at 08:23 PM.
2nd May 2012, 05:30 AM   |  #1508  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 561

842 posts
Donate to Me
Can those of you who are having trouble with the "Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence" or "Failed to confirm end of PIT file transfer" errors please post the the output from "heimdall print-pit" (also accessible from the Utilities tab of Heimdall Frontend)?

EDIT: Preferably using Heimdall 1.3.2.
Last edited by Benjamin Dobell; 2nd May 2012 at 05:33 AM.
3rd May 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #1509  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 25

81 posts
More
I'm running heimdall on my Mac and have successfully flashed my infuse in the past but can't get it to work on my galaxy tab plus (p6210). I've tried versions 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 All with the same exact results. Heimdall detects a device but fails to claim interface. Still works on the infuse (I checked). Anybody have a thought to share regarding this?
Btw: I've seen a thread for heimdall packages for the p6200 so I'm pretty sure there is a way to get it working for the p6210 as well.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
Last edited by DozenMadder; 3rd May 2012 at 08:14 PM.
4th May 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #1510  
Thanks Meter: 17

52 posts
In attempt to help add to the device support for Heimdall, I finally setup my system so I could capture Odin USB traffic for the SGH-T989. I captured traffic for a full system "stock" flash of the UVKL1 ROM, (2.3.6), and traffic for just a "root" image flash of CWM, and then uploaded them to sendspace. So to the extent they are useful, they're at;

SGH-T989-odin-stock-flash.xz (292.46MB)
Description: Compressed Wireshark USB Log from Odin Flash of Stock SGH-T989 ROM

SGH-T989-odin-root-flash (6.18MB)
Description: Wireshark USB Log from Odin Flash of Root CWM Image on SGH-T989

For some reason, the sendspace links don't automatically download the file if you just click on them. However, if you hold down Ctrl and click the link, the download page will open in another window or tab, and you can download the file there. Also if they're incorrect or incomplete, please feel free to let me know, and I can try and redo them.

Thanks for Heimdall..
Last edited by jasnn; 5th May 2012 at 05:41 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread