[ROM] CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC1 for Hero CDMA - V6.1.0-RC1 (10/28/2010)
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
* Your warranty is now void.
* The CM team is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or anything whatsoever.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github
! Send pull requests with your changes!
- First time flashing CM 6 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753910
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki
for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
6.1.0-Heroc-RC1 - 10/28/2010 This is the same ROM as the RC1 on Cyanogenmod forums, I'm just updating the XDA post
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
If you need immediate help, the irc channel is usually the best place to get at the server is irc.fossnet.info #heroc , or go to the webchat: webirc.fossnet.info:9090
. you can also get at me on twitter: twitter.com/darchstar
[Meh Github] [Meh Twitter]
[The Epic 4g Touch CM Google+][The Epic 4g Touch Blog Page]
If you feel so inclined to donate, click HERE
i'm part of teamrogue, so i thought i should add a pic to my sig, to show it off to everyone