Droid 2 LCD uses too much battery

OP shoman24v

17th August 2010, 05:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 51

1,324 posts
More
Look at the photo, seriously why is it like this?

17th August 2010, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

328 posts
i think thats normal, mine does that too and afaik the old droid did the same thing.
2nd September 2010, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Blacksburg
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
I found I was able to about double my battery life by setting my brightness manually to about 10%. I've found this to be plenty of illumination in just about any situation unless I'm trying to view my phone outside.

A nice brightness widget I've found is called "Brightness Level."
2nd September 2010, 06:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
Could it just be a case of "new gadget syndrome" ? The D2 is my sixth Android phone, and they all seem to suffer from this "bug" when I first get them.
2nd September 2010, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Boston, MA

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsugrue

Could it just be a case of "new gadget syndrome" ? The D2 is my sixth Android phone, and they all seem to suffer from this "bug" when I first get them.

I completely agree with this when i first got my phone it would die fairly quickly but just because I wouldn't ever put it down.
2nd September 2010, 08:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsugrue

haha yeah cause you have to set everything up and download all your apps and such so its a huge battery drain there.

but back to the OT of course the screen/display uses the most amount of power on your phone and what you are seeing there is normal.

your battery life seems pretty good if after 7 hours you still have over 1/2 your battery
3rd September 2010, 07:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 77

564 posts
More
I gotta say, i couldn't disagree more.

Look at my signature, i've had quite a few Androids and so far they've all been horrible. But even though i'm gonna get the fascinate, I don't think i'll beat the battery life on the droid2. I've been VERY impressed with this phone's battery life. All of the Android phones i've had were lucky to get 18-24 hours of battery life with moderate use. The galaxy S's did better than the EVO, but the droid 2 has been the winner in this department.

On the EVO, i typically got 10-16 hours
On the GAlaxy S's, i was gettin 18-28 hours
On the Droid2 i've been getting 33-55 hours

All have the same 1400mh battery and i use them all the same way.
My phone is currently on 50 hours without plugging it in. (i have an app for that) and it was only at 90% when i unplugged it.
4th September 2010, 02:21 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
well there was that test done a couple of weeks ago that found the DroidX and Droid2 to be above the normal
4th September 2010, 03:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 46

2,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orateam

I gotta say, i couldn't disagree more.

Look at my signature, i've had quite a few Androids and so far they've all been horrible. But even though i'm gonna get the fascinate, I don't think i'll beat the battery life on the droid2. I've been VERY impressed with this phone's battery life. All of the Android phones i've had were lucky to get 18-24 hours of battery life with moderate use. The galaxy S's did better than the EVO, but the droid 2 has been the winner in this department.

On the EVO, i typically got 10-16 hours
On the GAlaxy S's, i was gettin 18-28 hours
On the Droid2 i've been getting 33-55 hours

All have the same 1400mh battery and i use them all the same way.
My phone is currently on 50 hours without plugging it in. (i have an app for that) and it was only at 90% when i unplugged it.

Sgs has a 1500 mah
4th September 2010, 08:13 PM   |  #10  

12 posts
Display is always the biggest energy user by far on my Droid 2 and I have the brightness turned down to about 5% and I am no longer using a live wallpaper...I can't think of what else it could be?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread