XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 2 LCD uses too much battery

Tip us?

shoman24v
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Droid 2 LCD uses too much battery

Look at the photo, seriously why is it like this?

th3drow
Old
Thanks Meter 32
i think thats normal, mine does that too and afaik the old droid did the same thing.

goliathvt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found I was able to about double my battery life by setting my brightness manually to about 10%. I've found this to be plenty of illumination in just about any situation unless I'm trying to view my phone outside.

A nice brightness widget I've found is called "Brightness Level."

jcsugrue
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Could it just be a case of "new gadget syndrome" ? The D2 is my sixth Android phone, and they all seem to suffer from this "bug" when I first get them.

GSletta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsugrue View Post
Could it just be a case of "new gadget syndrome" ? The D2 is my sixth Android phone, and they all seem to suffer from this "bug" when I first get them.
I completely agree with this when i first got my phone it would die fairly quickly but just because I wouldn't ever put it down.

jerseyh22accord
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsugrue View Post
haha yeah cause you have to set everything up and download all your apps and such so its a huge battery drain there.

but back to the OT of course the screen/display uses the most amount of power on your phone and what you are seeing there is normal.

your battery life seems pretty good if after 7 hours you still have over 1/2 your battery

orateam
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I gotta say, i couldn't disagree more.

Look at my signature, i've had quite a few Androids and so far they've all been horrible. But even though i'm gonna get the fascinate, I don't think i'll beat the battery life on the droid2. I've been VERY impressed with this phone's battery life. All of the Android phones i've had were lucky to get 18-24 hours of battery life with moderate use. The galaxy S's did better than the EVO, but the droid 2 has been the winner in this department.

On the EVO, i typically got 10-16 hours
On the GAlaxy S's, i was gettin 18-28 hours
On the Droid2 i've been getting 33-55 hours

All have the same 1400mh battery and i use them all the same way.
My phone is currently on 50 hours without plugging it in. (i have an app for that) and it was only at 90% when i unplugged it.

jerseyh22accord
Old
Thanks Meter 1
well there was that test done a couple of weeks ago that found the DroidX and Droid2 to be above the normal

smashpunks
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by orateam View Post
I gotta say, i couldn't disagree more.

Look at my signature, i've had quite a few Androids and so far they've all been horrible. But even though i'm gonna get the fascinate, I don't think i'll beat the battery life on the droid2. I've been VERY impressed with this phone's battery life. All of the Android phones i've had were lucky to get 18-24 hours of battery life with moderate use. The galaxy S's did better than the EVO, but the droid 2 has been the winner in this department.

On the EVO, i typically got 10-16 hours
On the GAlaxy S's, i was gettin 18-28 hours
On the Droid2 i've been getting 33-55 hours

All have the same 1400mh battery and i use them all the same way.
My phone is currently on 50 hours without plugging it in. (i have an app for that) and it was only at 90% when i unplugged it.
Sgs has a 1500 mah

eddysamson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Display is always the biggest energy user by far on my Droid 2 and I have the brightness turned down to about 5% and I am no longer using a live wallpaper...I can't think of what else it could be?