Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] X10a or Captivate?

OP mweb586

17th August 2010, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hey guys, Since ATT just got the X10 I was wondering which is better. My contract expires in a few days so I have some time to see which I like better. Right now I'm using an iPhone and hating it. I want something with android.

I love SE, I bought an original X1 right out of the gates, so I'm leaning a bit towards the X10 but I'm seeing that it might not have any additional benefit over the Captivate other than the awesome camera.

Help please? I travel a lot and will be going to college soon so I need a phone that will keep up with me, all day.
17th August 2010, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 2

181 posts
More
why not the EVO 4g? much better than both, but if you don't like that one go for the captivate
17th August 2010, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
ATT is the best around here. We literally get full bars everywhere lol! Ok, so that's one for the Samsung...
17th August 2010, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

75 posts
If you're going to be using your phone outdoors a lot, get the X10. Samsung has the better screen, but it's OLED so when you're outside, it maybe really hard to see. But X10 screen is good as well. If you're concerned about aesthetics, I think X10 is the best looking phone there is, otherwise go for the Samsung.
17th August 2010, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 74

881 posts
More
The x10 is a great phone but if the captivate is anything like the galaxy s then i would go for the captivate.
17th August 2010, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 57

1,132 posts
i am also looking at the two phone and also iphone 4 when my contract is expiring.

Things I like about the sony is the physical call and off button. Also, I think the phone has higher res camera and also 2 camera.

I think captivative overall has a better hardware: 802.11n, larger storage space, better music playback software, bluetooth 3.0. android 2.1

I know sony will upgrade to android 2.1 or maybe 2.2 and samsung is coming out 2.2. So I think the software is not a major issue now.

hard to make a choice between the 3 phones.
17th August 2010, 09:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 186

1,443 posts
2 cameras on your x10?

Swyped from my rooted X10i using Tapatalk.
17th August 2010, 09:26 PM   |  #8  
Flag La Coruņa
Thanks Meter: 1

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Takyon

2 cameras on your x10?

Swyped from my rooted X10i using Tapatalk.

Physical call and off button?

Via Tapatalk
17th August 2010, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
Flag Marmul
Thanks Meter: 18

249 posts
More
Once they reduce that capital letters SAMSUNG logo in front, I'll recommend it. But for now, I'll say go for White X10, cool design...
17th August 2010, 11:03 PM   |  #10  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 79

786 posts
More
No its Super AMOLED and its very visible outside in bright sunlight.

To the OP, just determine what you need in a device and use them both in the store. For the record, the Captivates GPS is broken and there is no camera flash. The Captivate has features that the X10 doesn't have. However the X10 will receive some of those features in a future update such as 720P video recording and Android 2.1. The Captivate has these features out of the box. My advice is to do some research online and dont rely purely on our recommendation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread