Ask a question

No registration required

Thank you DZO (Martin) for all your hard work

OP mssmison

18th August 2010, 04:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 231

1,647 posts
For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one I'd love to continue to work with you.
Last edited by mssmison; 18th August 2010 at 04:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mssmison For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 101

1,705 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison

For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one I'd love to continue to work with you.

your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
The Following User Says Thank You to jamezelle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2010, 05:03 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,574

4,088 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezelle

your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

I Agree 100%. DZO Is The Man. Most People dont realize what he has accomplished. This forum Woudnt even Exist without him. I will donate $20.00 In the next couple days when i get paid.

I would also advise that any further donations to me from this forum should go to him instead. I will donate anything I receive to him If it still comes to me. Thanks DZO For everything man.
The Following User Says Thank You to incubus26jc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2010, 05:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 9

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmison

Yes, DZO is incredible!
Just donate me too 8 (8DK842408Y0358827) (equal to 10USD).
Hey Don't give to Dzo a milestone!!! :P... He needs to work on his Vogue!!! .... isn't it.. I'm joking
thanks again
18th August 2010, 06:31 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag East Stroudsburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 3,318

1,851 posts
Donate to Me
More
I must say that without dzo and this android project I would have never attempted to write a program. My NBH Editor is the first time I've ever messed with any type of programming, and I have dzo to thank for that. Nobody has donated to me and I'm totally fine with that because I get excited seeing almost 1000 downloads of something that I created. I know dzo feels the same way, not really looking for donations but just the joy in doing something that a community loves. Regardless, I think dzo deserves at least a little bit of compensation for all of his hard work.

$10 conf: 8A464154CG638782A

Thanks dzo!
18th August 2010, 08:07 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
US$10.00 donated, confirmation #9MV1626147645613U

Thank you for pouring yourself into the Vogue.
18th August 2010, 08:20 AM   |  #7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 309

2,355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thank you dzo for everything you've done for this community. I've had so much fun being apart of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and countless others. You are the main reason I've never taken a donation from this project. Because if there is anyone that deserves it then its you. You are the reason I still keep my vogue. I showed my seven year old son the video and slides you did documenting this great accomplishment and hopefully inspired a future developer. I am truly grateful for all that you have givin us. I pledge $20 u.s. dollars to help pay for your next phone. Good luck my friend I wouldn't be doing what I love if it wasn't for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenulator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2010, 08:23 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,170

1,483 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not that I have a Vogue but his work also covers Kaiser (and Polaris) and so here's $10 from me.

Confirmation number: 56U62930LL0752705
18th August 2010, 10:01 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 94

402 posts
More
I also have 2 kaiser:
Confirmation number: 0H433674XM202045R

Thanks dzo, much appreciated.
18th August 2010, 12:35 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
Long live the KAISER!!! And Long Live DZO!! :)

$ 10 USD
5R739513DN011891B

Thanks for keeping it alive!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread