Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Epic demo model

OP greatzak

19th August 2010, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I talked to my local sprint store representative about when they are going to have a Samsung Epic demonstration model available. After some digging he found that they are having a pair of Epics shipped to them by the 26th and will have them up for demonstration by the 27th of August.

I just thought I would share this with anyone who is interested in the phone, but wants a hands on with it. I am not sure if other areas will be putting up the phone for demo the same day, but this is what i was told in the sacramento area.
19th August 2010, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

471 posts
If your in NYC, go to the AOL Time Warner center on the 3rd floor. They have the Samsung Experience exhibition where all the latest Samsung products are demonstrated. You can have full access to everything in the "store". There are no sales representatives and thus absolutely no sales pressure. Its like going to a convention center, except its right in the city. There are people who can answer questions about the devices.

I'm sure the Epic 4G as well as the other Galaxy S devices will be demonstrated/featured in that place. Its a really nice place to go to just hang out as they have fun contests and giveaways from time to time. Sometimes even live bands go their and perform. Really cool.
19th August 2010, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS

If your in NYC, go to the AOL Time Warner center on the 3rd floor. They have the Samsung Experience exhibition where all the latest Samsung products are demonstrated. You can have full access to everything in the "store". There are no sales representatives and thus absolutely no sales pressure. Its like going to a convention center, except its right in the city. There are people who can answer questions about the devices.

I'm sure the Epic 4G as well as the other Galaxy S devices will be demonstrated/featured in that place. Its a really nice place to go to just hang out as they have fun contests and giveaways from time to time. Sometimes even live bands go their and perform. Really cool.

Thanks for this info, I'm right up the block from them. I checked there site online and they have the Captivate and the Vibrant, but no Epic yet. The only sprint phone they have is the Moment, lol. Hopefully they'll have it early next week so I can stop by and play with it.
20th August 2010, 05:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 140

1,095 posts
More
cool, im in sac too, i guess ill be hitting up the sprint store and checking out the epic. Only thing that sucks is i dont get my upgrade til oct 1st, ima try and ask the employees if i can upgrade early not sure if it will work though.
20th August 2010, 05:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag Williamstown, NJ
Thanks Meter: 9

160 posts
More
Very cool. I'm definitely interested but would like to see it first before I shell out the money. I'll have to call my local store
20th August 2010, 06:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 294

1,737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS

Is this the CNN/Time Warner place at Columbus Circle, Broadway @ 59th? If so, i'm so there...
20th August 2010, 07:59 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 34

487 posts
Ugh. My local Sprint store had NO CLUE when they would get a demo phone in. Jesus. You'd think these stores would all be given the same info.
20th August 2010, 01:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard

Is this the CNN/Time Warner place at Columbus Circle, Broadway @ 59th? If so, i'm so there...

Yes it is.
28th August 2010, 09:41 AM   |  #9  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 140

1,095 posts
More
Went to sprint corporate store in sacramento and they said no model on display til launch day.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
28th August 2010, 11:25 AM   |  #10  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 24

554 posts
More
Hey I'm in sacramento area too!

Which sprint store had a display model to play with?

I don't think I honestly care enough to drive to a Sprint store just to play with it for a minute. Its less than 3 days away now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung epic
Previous Thread Next Thread