5,599,478 Members 39,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] I9000 *matte* skin and accurate battery *10/5/2010*

Tip us?

s0niqu3
Old
(Last edited by s0niqu3; 20th November 2010 at 12:43 AM.) Reason: Cleaned up post, added yet another new version
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] I9000 *matte* skin and accurate battery *10/5/2010*

First and foremost, this would not have originally been possible without all the hard work zimphishmonger and the3dman13 did to bring fighspit's original battery mod to the vibrant, please see the original thread here, and give them some thanks! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756441

I'm also borrowing zimphishmonger's warning, as i think it works to keep warning messages standard across all these battery mod threads.

WARNING: ALWAYS make a nandroid backup prior to installing any modification, including this one. You are making the decision to install this on your own, and I am not responsible for anything nuclear that may happen to your device.

UPDATE.. I lost count (10/5/2010)

So I dig Eugene's Frankin-twiz rom's, but I still want to keep my accurate battery mod, and well, I think his glossy-black skin is ugly. I also think the stock vibrant touchwiz skin is ugly (for the love of all that's holy samsung, why did you decide the vibrant would be the ONLY galaxy s phone to get your stupid glossy version of touchwiz?!)

So, I ported my battery mod to frankin-twiz and at the same time, ripped all the matte (non glossy) drawable's from the I9000 touchwiz skin, and added in my colored status/signal, mms, calendar, music player, and gmail icons, restored the black background for the power control widget, added HTC's weather icons to GenieWidget.apk, changed to the stock I9000 bootup and shutdown animation and sounds, and of course, I probably missed something else too, lol. You can see some (semi-outdated) screenshots here: http://picasaweb.google.com/11312705...eat=directlink

Also, if you find yourself being a typography nerd like me, you can use this zip to switch the default system font to Comfortaa I take NO CREDIT WHATSOEVER for making the original font, or the android port, I only re-packaged the files into a Clockwork-mod zip file for the vibrant. This will also change the lockscreen clock font to comfortaa, but ONLY if using the default android lockscreen.

Comfortaa system fonts: http://www.4shared.com/file/hYu1TYHL...onts_ONLY.html

New for ftwiz_final: I'm including an extra version with the samsung calendar AND the AOSP mms app, per Eugene's thread, since it resolves issues with being unable to send sms/mms messages. I'm also including the newest version of my battery mod (this is the version I personally like best and use daily), based on the upright/vertical icons, but with colored borders/outline, and a smoother charging animation (thanks to untermensch!) This can be applied on its own, after you flash either of the other versions. If flashed without flashing one of the other versions first, it DOES NOT contain the gmail/calendar/mms/music player icons, or the startup & shutdown animations and sounds. You can see a screenshot added to the post below too.

Download links here, ftwiz_final ONLY:

Removed, sorry, too many people use other people's work without giving credit, and it leads to way too many headaches, he-said/she-said, ignorance, etc.

Everything should flash via clockwork recovery fine, place the zip on the root of your INTERNAL /sdcard directory, reboot into clockwork, I recommend wiping the cache & dalvik-cache, then install zip from sdcard, locate the specific zip, reboot.

Enjoy, cheers everyone, and if you come in here posting bugs/whining for help without first making sure you cleared your cache and dalvik-cache, then I'm just going to ignore you,
~Jocelyn
@jocelyndev
fork me on github
Apparently posting personal signatures outside of this little block is too offensive for some.

the3dman
Old
(Last edited by the3dman; 19th August 2010 at 02:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Looks Great!!!

tweezit
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
Thanks alot works well on my phone

j_r0dd
Old
Thanks Meter 282
i love it! not a big fan of the round battery icon, so this is great
Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919) :: CM11
Follow me on twitter

zimphishmonger
Old
Thanks Meter 741
Great work! Glad to see everyone is making their own customized battery images. We are gonna have a battery collection soon.
| Device: LG Nexus 4 | Morfic's Trinity or Bricked Kernels |

| Device: Google Nexus7 | Trinity Kernel |

s0niqu3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
just a quick update to the OP with a new version with some colored/themed status icons.

cheers

=)

~ Jocelyn
~Jocelyn
@jocelyndev
fork me on github
Apparently posting personal signatures outside of this little block is too offensive for some.

bstromberg
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Is it ok to flash right over the top of a previous battery mod?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
HTC One S Rooted and Unlocked Bootloader
Rom: TrickDroid 3.0
Kernel: whatever is packed with the rom

Samsung Vibrant Rooted (wife's phone)
Rom: ICZen RC 1.8
Kernel: SubZero v1.2 build#80

Click the Dropbox link dummy!

joshthewaster
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstromberg View Post
Is it ok to flash right over the top of a previous battery mod?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
I did, switched from the green circle. The battery indicator works fine.

I used the circle one but saw this with the other colored icons and thought they were cool. Seems that they don't quite work properly. Stock the GPS indicator shows in the notification bar any time it's on. With the new icons from the op the indicator is only on if I'm in an app that is using the GPS. I'm going to flash back to stock then to the battery only mod (i figure I need to to switch the other icons?)

s0niqu3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshthewaster View Post
I did, switched from the green circle. The battery indicator works fine.

I used the circle one but saw this with the other colored icons and thought they were cool. Seems that they don't quite work properly. Stock the GPS indicator shows in the notification bar any time it's on. With the new icons from the op the indicator is only on if I'm in an app that is using the GPS. I'm going to flash back to stock then to the battery only mod (i figure I need to to switch the other icons?)
Hi,

Thanks for trying it out. I have no idea how there might be issues since this is literally just img replacement from the segmented green circular battery mod, so however icons should work with that mod, is how they should work with this mod.

Maybe run a fix permissions from rom manager and see if that helps?

Also, my GPS icon has never worked like you described, even stock, (in other words, mine isn't always visible in notification bar, even when not in an app actively using gps, its displayed only when using an app that needs GPS, and disappeared when exiting the app.)

If you want to try and modify your own framework-res.apk with these files, I may upload just my png images once I'm done replacing/coloring all the icons I feel like modifying.

Thanks again for trying it out though, cheers

Lastly, I got bored and colored the wifi icons, cell-signal icons, and vibration indicator icon, I'll post the framework-res.apk in the first post, but won't package a new update.zip until I decide I'm done modifying icons, lol.

=)

~ Jocelyn
~Jocelyn
@jocelyndev
fork me on github

zimphishmonger
Old
Thanks Meter 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0niqu3 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for trying it out. I have no idea how there might be issues since this is literally just img replacement from the segmented green circular battery mod, so however icons should work with that mod, is how they should work with this mod.

Maybe run a fix permissions from rom manager and see if that helps?

Also, my GPS icon has never worked like you described, even stock, (in other words, mine isn't always visible in notification bar, even when not in an app actively using gps, its displayed only when using an app that needs GPS, and disappeared when exiting the app.)

If you want to try and modify your own framework-res.apk with these files, I may upload just my png images once I'm done replacing/coloring all the icons I feel like modifying.

Thanks again for trying it out though, cheers

Lastly, I got bored and colored the wifi icons, cell-signal icons, and vibration indicator icon, I'll post the framework-res.apk in the first post, but won't package a new update.zip until I decide I'm done modifying icons, lol.

=)

~ Jocelyn
Excellent work! I like the new colored signal icons. Consider possibly creating a metamorph of it, as they are very easy to update.
| Device: LG Nexus 4 | Morfic's Trinity or Bricked Kernels |

| Device: Google Nexus7 | Trinity Kernel |