Ask a question

No registration required

Got to play with an epic today!

OP lookout4theyeti

19th August 2010, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

203 posts
I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
19th August 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

117 posts
did you get a chance to test out the GPS?
19th August 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 46

2,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout4theyeti

I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Yes you will, and you will like it....lol
19th August 2010, 05:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpunks

Yes you will, and you will like it....lol

+1 u will LIKE IT!!
19th August 2010, 05:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

471 posts
Quote:

You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.

Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.

I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.

I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.

19th August 2010, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 24

554 posts
More
I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I think the EVO is great. But not as awesome as the Epic!
19th August 2010, 09:47 AM   |  #7  
Flag Las Vegassss
Thanks Meter: 42

1,959 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonMonster

I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I think the EVO is great. But not as awesome as the Epic!

I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.
19th August 2010, 06:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tucson,Arizona.
Thanks Meter: 1,206

16,148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heygrl

I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.

Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard.
19th August 2010, 09:48 PM   |  #9  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Layton, Ut
Thanks Meter: 294

1,966 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If having the best gpu does not matter to you then I would never change a evo for a epic.
19th August 2010, 10:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrules7778

Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard.

i too think the epic's keyboard and the tp-2 keyboard are almost identical! i love the keyboard on my tp-2 so i'm sure i wont have any problem adjusting to my new epic!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread