Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Got to play with an epic today!

OP lookout4theyeti

19th August 2010, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
19th August 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
did you get a chance to test out the GPS?
19th August 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 46
 
2,030 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout4theyeti

I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Yes you will, and you will like it....lol
19th August 2010, 05:03 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpunks

Yes you will, and you will like it....lol


+1 u will LIKE IT!!
19th August 2010, 05:39 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout4theyeti

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.

Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.

I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.

I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.

19th August 2010, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
NeonMonster's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 24
 
554 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I think the EVO is great. But not as awesome as the Epic!
19th August 2010, 09:47 AM   |  #7  
heygrl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegassss
Thanks Meter: 42
 
1,959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonMonster

I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I think the EVO is great. But not as awesome as the Epic!

I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.
19th August 2010, 06:43 PM   |  #8  
BeerChameleon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson,Arizona.
Thanks Meter: 1,206
 
16,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heygrl

I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.

Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard.
19th August 2010, 09:48 PM   |  #9  
shep211's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Layton, Ut
Thanks Meter: 294
 
1,966 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout4theyeti

I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

If having the best gpu does not matter to you then I would never change a evo for a epic.
19th August 2010, 10:11 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrules7778

Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard.

i too think the epic's keyboard and the tp-2 keyboard are almost identical! i love the keyboard on my tp-2 so i'm sure i wont have any problem adjusting to my new epic!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes