Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Phantomskinz matte body kit

Tip us?

darkamikaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
Question [Q]Phantomskinz matte body kit

I just bought this badboy.. although I'm confused because there's two separate screen protectors.. one that is accompanied by the front body skins and another all on it's own.. do i put them both??

(and no they're not the extra they give X_x.. that's different)

swee08315
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Can you post a link so I can take a look at it?

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

Uppsala9496
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Their website says you get a second one in case you mess it up the first time around.
Post some pics. I'd like to see how it looks. Still undecided on what to get.

darkamikaze
Old
(Last edited by darkamikaze; 20th August 2010 at 08:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 165
--EDIT--
After being quite annoyed I got bold. I took off the clear screen protector cause of all the weird things going on.. watched a couple more youtube videos and facepalmed.

I dunked my screen protector in water like crazy. reapplied the screen protector.. and to my relief it is MUCH MUCH better.
I can only imagine now how better it would have been if I did that ahead of time but like a fool I am .. -sigh-
Even though it's better now, since I kept trying to flatten it with a card, it left dents and the areas I lifted alot left blurry marks.
The parts that were left fine really show the clear screen protector does an amazing job.. I'm gonna let it sit there for about a day and I'll take pics
--END EDIT--

mmmm.. the matte on the case is great. but the screen protector.. I decided to use the clear one.

This is where the problem lies @_+ the first time around i wet it.. (like the instructions for the matte on the case).. well.. it didn't look pleasing.. so I tried it again with a NEW clear screen protector (since it comes with 2) but this time without water.. it had the same effect..which in places.. had like.. a gajillion star looking things on the black parts of the screen and some on the screen itself..

If it doesn't "self heal" or something by tomorrow.. I'll try the matte screen protector :/ I guess I just suck at putting the clear cover?