I've just released MixGet on the Market to fix the headset issue in this thread
- New UI, use tab widget in configuration screen.
- Click on the icon to open the configuration screen, to change the profile, click on the radio button or the seekbar.
- Split the Media config and the Alsa config
- Handle video player state to apply the alsa settings
- Enable/disable the alsa auto settings.
- Speaker and Micro in alsa is not available for now.
- minor changes in save/restore presets.
No need to use adb, no need to root your phone.
It will save your "media" volume presets into 3 profiles (E)ar, (D)efault, (B)oost.
Click on the widget icon to change the profile. It also manages the headset low level driver Alsa if your phone is compatible with. Be careful when setting the alsa config if you dont want to hurt your ears .
To install the alsa library (only if you want to try with alsa):
- Enter to the config screen
- Click on Update
- Rename the update_mixget.zip into update.zip
- Reboot in recovery mode
The headset alsa volume is automatically set when the media player is playing or pausing, no need to set it again then.
This could be use on other smartphones if compatible with the alsa library. If you've already installed the alsa manually, check that you've have permission to run it. If not, delete all the files and re-install it with this widget.
Edit: if you have any problem to grab the update_mixget.zip by the widget, you can download it here and rename to update.zip then copy it on your sdcard.