Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lazik - Winamp remote controll with media library access

Tip us?

popy76
Old
(Last edited by popy76; 10th September 2010 at 04:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Lazik - Winamp remote controll with media library access

Hello,

I present you my first application for Android called Lazik/Lazik+!
It's a remote control for Winamp media player compatible with versions 1.6 to 2.2 of Android.

Here are a few screenshots to get an idea of rendering:

Two versions are available, Lazik which is free and supported by ads and Lazik + (1.69 €)

Lazik features:
.playback controls
.playlist
.media library
.search
.display album covers

Lazik+ features:
.no ads
.conection over 3g,edge,...
.fetches missing album covers
.more to come

Possible actions from the madia library have been thought to be as practicable as possible:
- Enqueue at the end of the playlist
- Enqueue just after the current song
- Enqueue just after the current song and play immediately
- Play immediately at the current position in the playlist or at the end of it

To operate Lazik you must install a plugin for Winamp, More information and a tutorial are available at: http://www.bypops.com.

Feel free to comment and report any bugs you might encounter

Lazik : Lazik+ :

IceBone
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Sweet! This is the best program to control winamp I've come across. It's 99% perfect! (apart from a few grammatical errors )

Works brilliantly on my rooted Desire!
Devices: HTC One M7 & Nexus 10
Operator: Mobitel Slovenia

popy76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBone View Post
Sweet! This is the best program to control winamp I've come across. It's 99% perfect! (apart from a few grammatical errors )

Works brilliantly on my rooted Desire!
Thanks for the comment
About grammatical errors, feel free to send me corrections on the support email address if you are motivated enough. I'm french so my English is not perfect ...

IceBone
Old
(Last edited by IceBone; 24th August 2010 at 08:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Will do so. In the mean time, the only gripe I have with it is that you can't use the scroll bar to advance a track. In fact, it doesn't move at all. Is that a Lazik+ feature only? Also, sometimes it takes a while for the controls to show when you press the album art.

Well, the only things wrong with the text I've found were in the server management: "Search for servers" would sound nicer. As well as Searching for servers when the app is looking for them.

Keep working on the app, it's awesome, but I have a few suggestions if you don't mind, hehe...

Would be nice if the search would use the standard Android search functionality, as it is, it's kinda odd.
Also the colours are quite ghastly. The design isn't bad, but the colour choice is quite off, if you ask me.

But these are just my suggestions, still your app.

popy76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBone View Post
Will do so. In the mean time, the only gripe I have with it is that you can't use the scroll bar to advance a track. In fact, it doesn't move at all. Is that a Lazik+ feature only? Also, sometimes it takes a while for the controls to show when you press the album art.

Well, the only things wrong with the text I've found were in the server management: "Search for servers" would sound nicer. As well as Searching for servers when the app is looking for them.

Keep working on the app, it's awesome, but I have a few suggestions if you don't mind, hehe...

Would be nice if the search would use the standard Android search functionality, as it is, it's kinda odd.
Also the colours are quite ghastly. The design isn't bad, but the colour choice is quite off, if you ask me.

But these are just my suggestions, still your app.
The seeking scrollbar should be working, even in the free version. Maybe it's too small for you to be able to drag it. It's size will be changed as some people asked for that.

For the grammatical problems, I'll update it, maybe with your suggestion, or maybe by changing the way it's told.

Concerning the search suggestion, I will consider it but I can't say if I will change it or not. It will depend on how it have to be implemented and if it would prevent some current functionnalities ... The colors have been choosed to integrate in the android UI, because they are colors used in Android. They won't change for the moment as I have some more importants things to implement, but I will try so change them to see what result I can have when I'll have some time to. Maybe it could be a theme option in a future version (but certainly only for Lazik+ users).

By the way I have seen some posts of you on other forums about my App, so I want to thank you for that, since I don't know all good english forums for Android ...

IceBone
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Yeah, no problem, great apps should be shared. As for the design, I REALLY REALLY like the way DoubleTwist is done, it's a real treat to look at.

Gorkytje
Old
Thanks Meter 12
First of, great great work!

Works really well!
Side note: People please note that you need to have proper firewall settings.

Some things I noticed.
The app found my winamp server, I then flipped open my keyboard to type in my server name (This was on a HTC DREAM: G1) , yet the little window disappeared and went behind the add and search server window.

When installing the plugin, the installer automatically kills winamp. Dunno if its stated somewhere, it didn't bother me though!

Anyways, thanks again! Real nice app!

PieP
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Works great with my 2.2 Desire!

But... When I start the App, WiFi is enabling itself. I would like to control my Winamp trough my 3G connection.

I'm using a VPN, so the local ip-address is no problem. Also with a portmap in my router it should be possible to use it externally. All you have to do is turn off the automatic WiFi enabler and add support for connections over 3g?

Keep it on!
HTC One X

vigin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I love the app, simple and works a treat

here' s a couple of suggestions:

+1 on scrollbar size, it's a bit tricky to use it

would it be possible to add bookmarks support? I have all my radio links there...

I' ll play with it a little bit more an post more
Ὁ βίος βραχύς, ἡ δὲ τέχνη μακρή

r546
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been looking for something like this to control music playback on my PC from bed, thanks!

Tags
lazik, remote, winamp