I am not the original author of this program, it was created by computerjunkie. He graciously posted the source code when he stopped development, so I picked up where he left off. The original thread can be found here.
Cloud SMS Backup reads your SMS account and backs up the conversations by emailing them to an account of your choice. You can have them sent as separate emails each containing one of your conversations, or have all your conversations zipped up into one email. It also gives the options to empty your SMS account after backing up to prevent the slowdowns of having too many messages.
This requires .NET CF 3.5.
Thanks go out to
computerjunkie for creating the original version
eboelzner for the sense UI
mohitsapru for the inspiration
- Added support for localization. Will load a translation matching the devices language setting, and will fall back to English if it's unavailable. See below for instructions on how to create a translation.
- Does not properly backup MMS messages yet, but will note that one was sent/received in the conversation.
- Fixed another bug that caused backups to fail under certain circumstances
- First release by me.
- Fixed several bugs that caused crashing.
- Added option to send as one zip file.
- Removed serialized backup file (since there was no way to restore from it). May be added back in a future version once restoring is complete.
- Added option to save messages from the last three days when clearing SMS account after backup.
- Scheduling - automatically back up
- MMS support - backup pics/videos that were sent
- Restore - ability to restore from created backups
- Have a suggestion? Let me know
- English (included)
- Dutch (see attached nl.zip) Thanks mike2nl and LinusN
- Download the attached en.ini file.
- Open in a text editor and translate everything after the '='. Do not change anything on the left side of the = or the translation will not work right.
- Save the file with a name based on the ISO 639-1 language code (ex. en.ini for English, de.ini for German, es.ini for Spanish, etc).
- Put in the application folder (\Program Files\CloudSMSBackup). The program will automatically use it if your device is set to that language.