[Q] Modifying an existing apk
I had posted this in another forum but did not get any reply. Its a noob question so please bear with me. I wanted to know how to go about modifying an existing apk file. Below is what I am doing.
1. Copied the .apk file to my computer
2. Used apk_manager to decompile the apk
3. Made a small change in one of the xml files
4. Used apk_manager to recompile the apk and the sign it
5. Sideload it using the Sideload Wonder Machine
I am not able to sideload the app. Do I need to uninstall the existing app before sideloading its modified version? Or just giving it a new name would work? Thanks.