XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Changing ROM

Tip us?

Tr3v
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Changing ROM

Hello, sorry if I sound nieve with any of this. I am new to flashing etc...
Basically I have an O2 branded HTC HD Mini and would like to know the easiest way of upgrading the ROM, to the current one recentely released from HTC. The HTC help team have basically told me that O2 don't own any rights for HTC updates so none of their updates will work on an O2 branded phone!

Please help.

Thankyou, Trev

NeilM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
In a nutshell, unfortunately you can't do it easily.

You can use SoftSPL to allow you to install a downloaded ROM but it wont update the radio ROM or you could use the Gold Card method, but currently there is a minimum purchase of $30 for Gold Cards.

Your first step is to download a ROM from Conflipper's site then decide how you want to proceed. Or download Tom Codon's excellent cooked ROM!
NeilM: Site Moderator and reviewer in Smartphone Gurus

HTC Titan; Apple iPad2 3G

wardy_uk1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Unbranding HD Mini

Hi dude. I just flashed my Dads Vodaphone branded HD Mini to the latest HTC ROM. I followed the guide ''[SSPL][DFT] HowTo flash custom OS'' in the ROM Development section.

After that the phone was unbranded. The only problem was that I wasn't recieving a signal. After looking at the Radio version I found that it wasn't showing a version so I assume the Radio wasn't installed.

I fixed this by using the SSPL (the program that you used to flash the official ROM with) to flash HTC's updated version. What you need to do is download the Update for HTC HD mini intermittent audio muting and extract the .exe (using winRAR) to find the Radio_32.2806.05.06_0.63.05.40.nbh. Put this into the same folder with the SSPL and rename it to PHOTIMG.nbh. Once done you can flash it to your device.

This worked fine for me. Call quality is perfect. This removed all Vodaphone's branding and gave me back Copilot and the added extra's that HTC put in. I'll be writing a full guide on how to do this later on.

rob119uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Trying to flash my HTC HD Mini (O2) to RUU_Photon_HTC_Europe_1.36.401.1_Radio_Signed_32.2 803.05.06_0.63.05.36_Ship.exe

(Currently got RUU_Photon_O2_UK_1.10.206.1_Radio_Signed_32.28.05. 05_0.63.05.18_Ship.exe installed)

But just keep getting error 'invalid vendor ID'

What to do????? can I change vendor ID ??

Having read about Goldcard, I'm guessing that this is what I need to do. Have looked at PSAS and would need to pay 30eur - is there a cheaper way? What about these unlock services that will send you an unlock code based on your IMEI number, would this change vendor ID to ubranded (normally about 12)???

wardy_uk1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Look in the ROM Development section on this forum and you'll find a guide on how to unbrand the HD Mini. Follow this guide and hopefully it'll work for you.

rob119uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy_uk1 View Post
Look in the ROM Development section on this forum and you'll find a guide on how to unbrand the HD Mini. Follow this guide and hopefully it'll work for you.
Nothing works for my O2 one. I think O2 have started doing something odd?

I've noticed that people seem to find it easy with Vodafone, but numerous problems with O2. There doesnt see mto be a definitive guide for unlocking O2 ones specifically - is Goldcard the only option at 30euro? Does anyone offer a Goldcard type serice for cheaper?