Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Port Maemo / MeeGo

Tip us?

abc27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default [DEV] Port Maemo / MeeGo

http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases...0-open-armv7l/

My idea is to use the current effort to run Ubuntu/Debian on the phone as a method to get MeeGo running on the phone as well (Maemo should be similar). What we'd need to achieve is to get an .img of MeeGo/Maemo as we do Debian/Ubuntu. Driver issues (If present) should be rectifiable by porting over some of the Debian/Ubuntu ARM drivers.
http://cycle2013.com
No better cause to donate to

storm99999
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I personally think it won't be too hard.

You compile it with the right GCC, fix any possible errors, then add an android kernel (hoping the API doesn't change, which is a longshot and probably the biggest obstacle). After that is set up we move everything to their appropriate partition, fix the path, and it really aught to work then.

Nexus One: CM 7.0 Nightly

chrisvuong
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i have no idea how to and how hard, but i think if people can port Android to iPhone , so this wont be something impossile

dictionary
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
I would absolutely LOVE for this to come true. I've been frustrated with my gma500 netbook, since I can't run Meego, or even Moblin. This seems like it would be fun to run on the n1.
Currently Owned:
HTC Inspire 4G (backup phone)
HTC Flyer 7". -Daughters Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Wifes phone
HTC One - Current phone
Asus Nexus 7 - Current tablet

Edited for those complaining.

KnightMAREcrow
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Should we start a bounty, I would be willing to put money up for this, dual booting two open source systems would be great.
Nexus S - Peace Walk3r

HTC G2 - Outer Haven

Nexus One - Trigun N1

Support me by signing up through my Dropbox Referral http://db.tt/Ua6tLmd

maxisma
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Same here! $5 from me for the person who gets it to boot!
Acer Liquid Metal
LG Optimus 2x
Reading advice: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=667298
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxisma
Donate to MoDaCos Cancer Research fund

Puenos
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Finally! I've waited for someone to take up this work!

Not that I could be of any help, but I appreciate your efforts and hope for your success!
Good look!

enatefox
Old
(Last edited by enatefox; 30th August 2010 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Will be working on this. I don't think I want to flash it instead of Android and as a chroot it'll be more compatible (among ARM7 at least for now..) with other phones. Been barely successful with my old ATT Tilt w/1MB of RAM I gotta see what a Nexus can do =D
GNex, Nexus One, MT4G, G2, Viewsonic G, Kindle Fire and SGS2 7" tab. The rest are retired

jbbandos
Old
Thanks Meter 308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
I would absolutely LOVE for this to come true. I've been frustrated with my gma500 netbook, since I can't run Meego, or even Moblin. This seems like it would be fun to run on the n1.
You know that the recently released Intel EMGD drivers work on Maemo? Since they are a binary blob even worse than the PSB drivers, they won't work on (k)ubuntu, only on Maemo and Fedora 11.

enatefox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i'm hazy on how we got fb support on kaiser/vogue but they're msm7k boards as well. i could be wrong but i believe team douche already has it built in. i did a lot of trial and error today to get a chrooted x-server to override android's display. i'm not sure how to get the hardware support because i fail at it and thought it would be easier to hybridize maemo over android at least for testing.

i'm all about getting this to work but irc is tedious so if anyone is actively working on it, i'm down for the cause.
GNex, Nexus One, MT4G, G2, Viewsonic G, Kindle Fire and SGS2 7" tab. The rest are retired