FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[DEV] Port Maemo / MeeGo

784 posts
Thanks Meter: 137
 
By abc27, Senior Member on 24th August 2010, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th September 2010, 04:30 PM |#51  
enatefox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
touch screen is working? i don't think you'd have luck unless a window manager was available. adb should be available if you follow the previous links to link adbd. they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

i failed before because i'm trying to work around partitioning-- stupid user error.
 
 
14th September 2010, 10:27 PM |#52  
Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enatefox

.... they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

Yea, I didn't think the touch screen would initially work. But yea, sshing to the phone shouldn't really be a problem if adb isn't working.

I'm going to have a bit of a play with this on my hero and see if I can figure anything out.

edit:

Just found these links that may be of use:

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/MSMQSD - this guy seems to have gotten something booting on his nexus one.

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.ph...hlight=android
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.ph...hlight=android
Last edited by kiwi89; 14th September 2010 at 10:30 PM.
14th September 2010, 10:36 PM |#53  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enatefox

touch screen is working? i don't think you'd have luck unless a window manager was available. adb should be available if you follow the previous links to link adbd. they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

i failed before because i'm trying to work around partitioning-- stupid user error.

Yeah, touchscreen is functional, but barely. It acts like a laptop touch pad, not mapped 1:1. the trackball is click, and it works to scroll too.
15th September 2010, 12:15 AM |#54  
enatefox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
yea that link was what i was messing with. it was linked to on modaco as well. we'll get this to work but we're both strapped for free time. the good news is that meego is so young in development we're not missing a whole lot yet.

EDIT: lmao just saw that:
"Thanks to storm99999" on their wiki. nice. shouldn't they know how to do this?
Last edited by enatefox; 15th September 2010 at 12:46 AM.
18th September 2010, 06:54 PM |#55  
geney's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Wow... Would love to see this happen. But I know there's nothing much I can help except donating
19th September 2010, 05:31 PM |#56  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Updates to Nexus Meego port on the meego wiki page linked in an earlier post.

Sorry I can't link here as I'm am considered a potential spammer.
19th September 2010, 06:10 PM |#57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrade

Updates to Nexus Meego port on the meego wiki page linked in an earlier post.

Sorry I can't link here as I'm am considered a potential spammer.

Oh man, that's great news. Too bad the explanation for how they got it to work doesn't quite explain how we can get it to work.

I suspect we may just need to change a line or two on the .ks file, but it also could be a bigger change than that.
19th September 2010, 06:46 PM |#58  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Hi storm99999,

The 'they' is me

I took the daily from Saturday and added the mesa packages which provide software EGL and GLESv2.

Changed Xorg to load the fbdev driver. 'used Option Rotate CW'

Replaced the session line in uxlaunch to session=/usr/bin/duihome -software &

Hoe you had a drink with my donation

Next step is to build the aurora kernel and userspace drivers.

vgrade
19th September 2010, 06:58 PM |#59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
I've added some files to the wiki page with a kickstart, zImage and a couple of config files.
19th September 2010, 07:04 PM |#60  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrade

Hi storm99999,

The 'they' is me

I took the daily from Saturday and added the mesa packages which provide software EGL and GLESv2.

Changed Xorg to load the fbdev driver. 'used Option Rotate CW'

Replaced the session line in uxlaunch to session=/usr/bin/duihome -software &

Hoe you had a drink with my donation

Next step is to build the aurora kernel and userspace drivers.

vgrade

Well, I have to congratulate you on your work, I don't know enough about meego/linux internals to have gotten that far.

A quick question, could you post your .ks file changes so that we can know the exact packages included? Edit: beat while I was typing. :P

Lastly, I think we don't have to worry about the kernel. The stock google kernel has the kgsl stuff in already. What needs to be done is to put the msm Xorg stuff in and add the OGL stuff for the adreno200. Looking at the wiki, we may need to splice two different versions of libc or add the ones from AOSP to a build setup and compile it.

Edit: How much is working?
Last edited by storm99999; 19th September 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes