[Q] Bootloader/Download mode blocked on new/replacement Vibrants?
I own 2 Vibrants, both rooted with no issues. I'm no stranger to flashing through Odin, I've flashed many of the Vibrants in my workplace back to the stock 2.1 (seems to fix most of the issues short of GPS problems, even though it's supposed to be the same), so download mode is nothing new to me.
Recently a few of the people who've come to me with Vibrants have shown how they can't get in to recovery or download mode without using ADB, the hardware keys just don't seem to work for it. I've tried myself and was able to confirm this. We were still able to root them with no issues using one click root. I prefer to manually flash the update.zip myself, but whatever does the job. I've just received a replacement for one of the Vibrants (menu button went out), and noticed I can not get in to recovery/download mode. Naturally I rooted, installed terminal, then rebooted in to download mode, started a flash with Odin.
It hung on cache.rfs. I waited... and waited.. and it mocked me in it's frozen status. So now I'm at the phone+!+computer screen, which I've been at several times on my main Vibrant, but the key's still do not work for download mode. To clarify, I've tried each of the following methods
to enter in to download mode, several times. It won't work. I'm in the process of trying different button combination's to see if there is another way to get in. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Edit: Included working steps so people don't have to search the thread
Provided by rhcp0112345:
1. Take out battery, put it back in. (to turn the phone fully off)
2. Don't turn it the phone on!
3. Plug the phone into your PC, do not hit the power button!
4. See if the phone shows anything on the screen (powers on its own when plugged in)
IF the phone screen does 'turn on' after being plugged in without you hitting the power button, so far so good.
5. Now while it's on like this, hold the volume up AND volume down buttons.
6. Hold the power button as well as the volume buttons until the screen goes black.
7. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the power button! But DON'T let go of the volume buttons!
If I've helped you, press the thanks button to make my day.
Got Android? If so, check out these amazing live wallpapers!