Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Streaming from Android to PC

Tip us?

oavon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Streaming from Android to PC

Sorry if there is already a thread for this.

I'm looking for an app which play the sound of my mobile on my computer (and them my Hifi)

Then I can listen to toutube or spotify easily on my Hifi, simply using my Android phone.

Thanks a lot

tha_gambler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Android to Audio Stream

Is there a solution yet since I am also looking out for something like this.

yukinok25
Old
(Last edited by yukinok25; 20th September 2010 at 04:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
I don't know guys if you are interested into, but there is an application that allows you to stream video and audio and see your picture via Wireless on your computer using your web browser...

Websharing file 1.6.1 apk

Nextapp is the company who create it, I use regularly everyday and is a good one!!

ConstantineXVI
Old
(Last edited by ConstantineXVI; 20th September 2010 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
AFAIK, there's currently no way to do a raw audio stream from Android over the network; and I can almost guarantee you it won't be possible at all without root. Closest you could get would be getting a Bluetooth audio sink (like this or the official Nexus home dock) and hooking that to your hifi. There are apps to stream local content via DLNA, but there isn't anything to stream arbitrary audio in Android.

EDIT: Some PC Bluetooth stacks may also be able to receive A2DP audio as well, but it's not a universal feature.

jstegeman
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Check out mecanto, it's an app that syncs your music to the cloud and then you can stream it from the cloud and play on your phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

xdawoods
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm amazed that there's no interest in this. I'm sure I haven't searched enough and so probably should pick on a more current thread. But it seems a no-brainer to me to want to go this direction. Everyone discusses streaming from PC to phone. Why would I do that instead of just listening to the PC? Now if I could stream from phone to PC... I have many phone apps that let me listen to unlimited tunes and radios from all over the world, which of course I use outside the house. But using it in this way in the house, my phone would not only be the source, but the "remote" -- the controller. Walk around the house w/ just the phone. Beats my carrying my Squeezebox "portable" radio, as I do. Or maybe I need to pay $150 for the Squeezebox solution, their remote controller... Just don' get it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdawoods For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hibijibis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yes. i also think this is a great idea. there a heaps of pc to android threads.

usage scenario i am thinking.

walking around with device. the device contains song files and player. if that player had a button like stream to ie desktop, home theatre speakers, etc etc. that would be great. sorta like wmp 12 stream to button if anyone is familiar with that. bluetooth has the restriction of range so ideally wifi would be the better solution. curious to know if anyone has come across any updates to this.

DREA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use 2 apps because im undecided which is best firt one is called 2play dnla
and the other is upnp. search in the market for both :D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DREA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maqdesign
Old
Thanks Meter 0
THAKS DREA!!!! wow I have been wish exactly the 2play app do... I like to play music on my Android tha I can listen from my large PC speakers!!! COOL!!

pows
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Streaming from Android To SERVER STREAMING

Is there any application also in beta test to let the android phone act as Media encoder to stream to a Server what's coming on your phone?
On Iphone platform there an interesting app LIVU (stevemcfarlin.com/livu/features.html).
Would be nice to have one similar on Android phone

Fabio