Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 38,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G Outdated

Tip us?

edufur
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Somewhere I read the phrase "pants explosion." That is very fitting to what we are getting any minute. I am going to go walk my dog, and when I return, I am gonna hit refresh every two seconds until I..... jiz.... in my pants!
--
After switching to Samsung, I find myself asking... WHY did I stay with HTC for so long?
... NEVER going back!

aragorn182
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaw_leinad View Post
I'm getting the basics out tonight and will make it an easy read like my Hero rooting guide tomorrow sometime, because I am exhausted tonight.
Well god, it's almost 4 in the morning in Florida. I'd just like to thank you for your dedication to getting this out tonight. I'll check back in the morning after a few suckers...errm, beta testers have had a whack at it.

whodat105
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
just sitting here refreshing the page hoping server dont crash from all of us giving page 1,000,000 hit a second. watch dos box blinking # _ aaaw the torture!!!!

Mandabar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I love you all. Just repurchased my Evo4G today, and voila my prayers have been answered!

Sent from my Evo4G using XDA app

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2861

DONATE TO ME
I just wanna say regaw you and the rest of the devs are freaking amazing . Thank u so much for all of your hard work. You've just answered so many peoples prayers.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

edufur
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I hope he didn't fall asleep. I shouldn't even be up this late. I have work in the morning.
--
After switching to Samsung, I find myself asking... WHY did I stay with HTC for so long?
... NEVER going back!

HolySabre
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lol I'm at work right now. But a couple questions... assuming that you have pri 1. 40 with froyo unrooted when you root via your method does updated pri stay? And if so can a previously rooted phone 2/2 of toast method unroot update pri with froyo then root using your method keeping same pri?

regaw_leinad
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3626
Don't worry, I'm not asleep, and I will have everything laid out. I'm finishing up my brother's EVO right now, so I can get the steps completely down
Device: HTC One (AT&T)
Recovery:TWRP 2.6.3.0 | Bootloader: S-OFF
ROM: Stock

My Development Threads

Watch my programming tutorials on YouTube - BetterCoder
I'm also a professional musician - YouTube - SoundCloud

Please don't post just to say "Thanks" - There's a button for that . Be sure to use it!

guitarjockey
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaw_leinad View Post
Don't worry, I'm not asleep, and I will have everything laid out. I'm finishing up my brother's EVO right now, so I can get the steps completely down
YOur not alone, Ive been up tracking the forums since the first tweet came through lol. So I've been following it all. Ive been patient tell now that it is finally here, now I want it lol
Phones
Nokia 6103b > Razr V3r > Sidekick 3 > T-mo Dash > Blackberry 8330 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Palm Pre > Evo 4G > Nexus S 4G> Iphone 4S> Galaxy S4 I9505
Tablet
Asus Transformer TF101

aldojr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What is ROOT? I'm just kidding ok i am happy myself and have been watching this threading like a hawk. No work tomorrow means Aldo will be trying to get AAC codec working on his Evo. My fault for being to eager and accepting my fate i mean OTA 2.2. Now i can get back to making the video and sound look better.

Tags
(.y.), awesomesauce, downgrade 2.1, evo 2.2 root, evo 2.2 stock root, froyo, regaw, rootastic, titties!!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe