Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Smart Taskbar V1.0 - Access any app in one click

Tip us?

jerryfan2000
Old
(Last edited by jerryfan2000; 28th January 2011 at 07:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Default [App] Smart Taskbar V1.0 - Access any app in one click

Download from Android Market: Smart Taskbar (Free download)
or
With QR barcode

Since the initial release on Aug 2010 as the first one click instant access app and its super unique always available design , Smart Taskbar has became the origin of several similar one click instant access app in Android Market today. Today, after more than 6 month of beta testing, I am proud to announce that Smart Taskbar is finally going to V1.0.0 stage. V1.0.0 is more stable, faster, more feature packed and also more visually appealing than its previous - beta testing product.

Smart Taskbar is a - super launcher, task switcher, an app organizer, shortcut manager, and widget viewer that you can quickly call up on any window by swipe the edge of screen or by clicking a transparent trigger icon on screen. In most cases, you can complete app launching in 2 finger clicks (1st swipe, and 2nd click on app icon to launch). Possibly the fastest way to quickly launch or switch between applications.

If you want to use your phone one handed with complete touch screen experience, you find Android takes too many steps to complete one simple job, or you want to get a faster way to get things organized, get Smart Taskbar to make your like easier.

Smart Taskbar comes with following features
(1) 5 speedy launch spots for 2 steps quick launch
(2) App organizer function built in
(3) Task switch
(4) super speedy launcher
(5) Software home button (To prevent H/W home button from tear and wear)
(6) True multitask experience!
(7) Able to build your own custom action to launch

Reason why to use Smart Taskbar:
(1) Free up your home screen for more widgets instead of app shortcuts
(2) A better way to organize app in to groups
(3) Need a super fast way to launch your app
(4) Missing the multi tasking in Palm Pre
(5) Don't want to press hardware button too frequently

[Screenshots]

Get Smart Taskbar by searching 'Smart Taskbar' in Android Market.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryfan2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fanfan-liu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up great app

thanks for posting this good app, it is so greate and useful that i use it every time when i use my phone.
i like the quick luanch function most, hereever i am, it is easy and quick to switch to another app.
also i can organized all my apps by different lables. then i can catch it easily by related lable.
of cource it goes smooth on my phone and till now, i have not found any defect to remove it.

my pleasure to share it with everyone.

hyatari
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Nice app. Uses a good amount of cpu tho and the visuals could use a bit of polish but definitely effective. Looking forward to see it develop.

jerryfan2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Hi,
CPU usage if Smart taskbar should be no different than regualr Android app. You are seeing high CPU occupation because you do a lot of scroll in app list. Try yourself and scroll grid list in other app such as gallery and you will see similar CPU usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfan2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c_man
Old
(Last edited by c_man; 29th August 2010 at 09:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Since getting my Legend over 4 months ago I've been looking for something like this.

This seems to fit the bill, I will be sure to check it out! Just hope the CPU related comments are as per the OP's response ^.

EDIT: Oops, not what I thought it was. I thought this would 'pin' certain apps to the notification area for quick access.
HTC Legend - Rooted

hyatari
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yes, you are correct the scrolling taxes cpu on any app so that is fair enough. I would like to see widgets integrated somehow similar to the way power strip does and I would use this exclusively for sure.

flashman2002
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I am really happy with the app. Works great and has let me clan up my home screen. Much better then I thought it would be.
HTC One

jerryfan2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_man View Post
Since getting my Legend over 4 months ago I've been looking for something like this.

This seems to fit the bill, I will be sure to check it out! Just hope the CPU related comments are as per the OP's response ^.

EDIT: Oops, not what I thought it was. I thought this would 'pin' certain apps to the notification area for quick access.
It is truly a personal preference question. But notification doesn't show up in full screen app. In this case, u can't access to quick launcher. In addition, u need to (1) expand notification bar, (2) click on notification item, (3) click on the item u wish to launch. It is 3 steps. Anyway, just like i said, it is pure personal preference question. Hope you can find it useful eventually.

Downy
Old
(Last edited by Downy; 30th August 2010 at 03:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Wow, works great and is just great!! This is definitly a Must-have app!

MerijnB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was hoping to give this app a try, but the developer decided to pull it of most non english markets see http://kiumiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/...ser-on-market/

Can anyone give me an apk so I can give it a try?

tia