How to get Clockwork recovery, busybox, & root on 8/26 leaked RUU 3.21.605.1
Making a thread for this for now since it will probably get buried in the RUU post.
Most important thing first, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE RAN UNREVOKED FOREVER AND HAVE S-OFF! IF NOT DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!
Get the RUU here:
Follow this guide by IncredibleDoes to extract the rom.zip update here:
(don't download the file he tells you to, download the one linked above, but follow the rest of the guide to get the rom.zip file)
Once you get the rom.zip, follow this guide below:
1. Install this update, get rom.zip from the RUU file, rename to PB31IMG.ZIP (somewhere in this thread there is a post with link to rom.zip, but you still have to rename it), make sure your SD-Card was formatted as Fat32 and put this on the root.
2. Boot into hboot
3. Install PB31IMG.ZIP (not the one I attached to this post)
**Step 3 note** Your phone might reboot to either hboot or recovery after trying to install PB31IMG.ZIP, just get back to hboot and install again, when you get back to hboot you should notice its version .92 and S-OFF is still on, just install PB31IMG.ZIP again and all should be good. I believe at one point after it updates hboot it has to reboot to finish the install, so this might be what you are seeing.
4. Reboot, setup your google account, etc. (note first boot might take a few minutes and appear that your phone is stuck at the droid eye animation, be patient and don't do a battery pull)
5. Put the files I attached to this post on root of your SD-Card
***Files are PB31IMG.ZIP (this is not the update, either delete the other PB31IMG.ZIP or rename it to PB31IMG.BAK, this is just clockwork recovery in the PB31IMG.ZIP) , busybox.zip (remove the.zip extension, so the file is just busybox) ,payload-update.zip, and su-18.104.22.168-ef-signed.zip***
6. Power down phone and boot to hboot (hold optical button + power)
7. Install PB31IMG.ZIP in hboot, this installs clockwork recovery
8. Once that is done installing, press volume down, so your phone doesnt reboot, then select recovery
9. Once you boot into recovery choose install zip from SD-Card, then choose payload-update.zip
10. After that installs, choose to install another zip and install su-22.214.171.124-ef-signed.zip
11. Reboot and enjoy your rooted phone.
***Update*** I didn't realize busybox wasn't in the payload-update.zip I have attached it to this post. This site wouldn't let me post it without an extension, so rename busybox.zip --> busybox with no .zip extension. Also you can easily go to the market and download busybox, this requires root, which you will have, and it will install busybox for you after you click install.
Might as well put the usual disclaimer while I am editing this.
I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone, any issues, explosions, or bricks are caused at your own discretion.