Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My GF is due for update in October...

Tip us?

mroneeyedboh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 470
Default My GF is due for update in October...

Can she upgrade her phone and let me get it? how would I go about doing that?

DirtyShroomz
Old
(Last edited by DirtyShroomz; 26th August 2010 at 07:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
You can pay an extra $25 and get an early upgrade through account services (assuming she has 2 months left on her contract as well)

Pops_G
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Use her upgrade to get her one. Trust me, signing your girlfriend up for Google Latitude is like stalker heaven. Android phones update your location every 30-60mins without even having Maps open.

I tell my girlfriend I have her on it in case she gets kidnapped so I can find her and rescue her. Or if she loses the phone we can ping it. It makes that pill a lot easier to swallow.

I am not the jealous controlling type, but it feels good to know you can see exactly where they are on a whim. You know, to save them from kidnappers
Phone: Galaxy Note LTE, Epic 4G, EVO 4G, DROID Incredible, HD2, AT&T Tilt2, AT&T Tilt

Pops_G
Old
Thanks Meter 8
To answer your question directly.

Yes you can have your GF use her upgrade. After that call Sprint and tell them you want to switch the phone to your account and they will walk you through it. Sprints only concern is that the phone is not stolen. They told me I could buy a phone on ebay and call them to activate it, as long as it wasn't reported stolen.

Your GF can continue to use her old phone. What I do not know is who would get stuck with the $10 premium charge.
Phone: Galaxy Note LTE, Epic 4G, EVO 4G, DROID Incredible, HD2, AT&T Tilt2, AT&T Tilt

mroneeyedboh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 470
Thanks. The charge isnt a big deal as were both on the same plan. So in the end, were in it together.