5,606,650 Members 36,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

23088_Mega_WWE_3G Slightly Changed

Tip us?

arty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
the image file is corrupt....cant install at all.

Pharmako
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
the image file is corrupt....cant install at all.
Hi, have you tried to download again?

Anybody else having this issue?

Other devices:
HTC TyTN (sold)
HTC S710 (sold)
HTC HD2 (sold)
HTC Snap - T-Mobile Dash 3G (sold)
HTC HD7 (sold)

arty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yep...but since its zipped i dont think re-downloading helps that much when the content is alrdy corrupt

bllohin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just tested the file and its ok.
Download again and this time save on different folder and it should work.

Pharmako
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bllohin View Post
I just tested the file and its ok.
Download again and this time save on different folder and it should work.
bllohin thank you for testing.

arty hope it works for you. Worst case scenario, I could try to upload to mediafire as a mirror, just in case your issue turns out to be rapidshare.

Other devices:
HTC TyTN (sold)
HTC S710 (sold)
HTC HD2 (sold)
HTC HD7 (sold)

bllohin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Np, man, thank you for sharing your work.
In his case its just bad download and because its in windows cache it will be bad every time till he flushes cache or saves it elsewhere.

eryunt
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmako View Post
Hi, the easiest approach is to go into the dump folder first and search the files you want to remove by name, also when you're changing the registry you will need to search for the applications you want to remove and remove the whole key with whatever strings and dwords they might be under it. Finally when you're editing the "initflashfiles.dat" you should remove from there as well any entries referring to applications you want to remove, also the info in "initflashfiles.dat" will give more detailed info on all the files which are components of the apps you wish to remove, this way you can go back to the dump folder and search and remove the unwanted files.

Hope this helps.
Hi Pharmako,
I have a problem editing the registry.
I can easily convert the "default.hv" and "user.hv" files into "boot.rgu" files, but having opened the two "boot.rgu" and edited them with the notepad, even if I save them in "UNICODE" they change dimension end I have errors converting back to "user.hv" and "default.hv".
Even adding the first line "REGEDIT4" doesn't solve the problem.
Tried with WinXP notepae and also withe the "Notepad2"..
What is wrong?
Thanks

HTC DESIRE
CyanogenMod 10.1.3 ROM

Pharmako
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryunt View Post
Hi Pharmako,
I have a problem editing the registry.
I can easily convert the "default.hv" and "user.hv" files into "boot.rgu" files, but having opened the two "boot.rgu" and edited them with the notepad, even if I save them in "UNICODE" they change dimension end I have errors converting back to "user.hv" and "default.hv".
Even adding the first line "REGEDIT4" doesn't solve the problem.
Tried with WinXP notepae and also withe the "Notepad2"..
What is wrong?
Thanks
Hi eryunt,

I also had that issue. I thought that I had done something wrong along the way and I started the whole dumping, etc couple of times. Then finally I tried to first do all registry changes and then saving as > unicode. Meaning that I was first saving and then changing as described step by step in ROMDonald's manual.

So, bottom line: first do all changes to registry and then save as > unicode. And don't forget to add an extra line at the end of the text. Hope this works.

Other devices:
HTC TyTN (sold)
HTC S710 (sold)
HTC HD2 (sold)
HTC HD7 (sold)

eryunt
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmako View Post
Hi eryunt,

I also had that issue. I thought that I had done something wrong along the way and I started the whole dumping, etc couple of times. Then finally I tried to first do all registry changes and then saving as > unicode. Meaning that I was first saving and then changing as described step by step in ROMDonald's manual.

So, bottom line: first do all changes to registry and then save as > unicode. And don't forget to add an extra line at the end of the text. Hope this works.
The problem is that in both ways I can't solve the problem.
First of all, is the line "REGEDIT4" on the top needed?
What I've noticed is that even the original boot.rgu, without any modification, can't be converted back into .hv file.
Looking at the text, after the modifications at the registry, when I save in UNICODE all blank lines disappear..
Moreover, when I open the boot.rgu file I already have a blank line at the bottom, I need to add another one?
Thanks Pharmako!

HTC DESIRE
CyanogenMod 10.1.3 ROM

Pharmako
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryunt View Post
The problem is that in both ways I can't solve the problem.
First of all, is the line "REGEDIT4" on the top needed?
What I've noticed is that even the original boot.rgu, without any modification, can't be converted back into .hv file.
Looking at the text, after the modifications at the registry, when I save in UNICODE all blank lines disappear..
Moreover, when I open the boot.rgu file I already have a blank line at the bottom, I need to add another one?
Thanks Pharmako!
Hi eryunt, "REGEDIT4" on the top is definitely neeed and even though you see already a blank line, still you need to add another one (know from experience ).

One more thing, once you edit the file, re-open it and look for the following: at the start of the file you will notice that there is certain character space (blanks) between registry values and after many many lines, somehow this spacing thrend dissapears, what you need to do is carefully check till the end of the file and repeat the spacing thrend were needed (I wish I had made a screen shot of this). You should be able to convert then without any further issues.
Please accept my apologies for not mentioning it before, but to be honest it kind of escaped my memmory in my previous post.

Wish you luck and if there's anything else I could help with, please let me know.

Other devices:
HTC TyTN (sold)
HTC S710 (sold)
HTC HD2 (sold)
HTC HD7 (sold)