Posting this if anyone's interested. I hear the CM6 now has proxy access, but this should work for any ROM that is rooted (i.e has su installed) and has iptables support.
Basic HTTP auth is supported, NTLM is NOT SUPPORTED CURRENTLY (and may never be as i don't have a server i can test with).
UPDATE 7th MAY 2011: PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST
PLEASE post logcat outputs while starting transproxy or it makes it hard for me to diagnose errors. Just saying it doesn't work will not help me fix it.
Version 3.08 beta
- New GUI only. Thanks lots to user fonix232
- Major rewrite of redsocks to support transparent proxying (no need to support tproxy binary).
- Limit the forks as some complex pages may result in large number of process forks which may lead to memory depletion, slowdown in phone, crash, etc.
- Add port 5228 redirection for market auth
- Split traffic for b*stard proxies that don't support port 80 connections via CONNECT method
- Full transparency (currently only 80/443 forwarded)
- Fixed the loss of focus bug when going from on -> off in the GUI
- Fixed the hostname resoltion bug in the Host field.
- SOCKS 4a/5 support
- Fix password quoting in proxy.sh script
- Removed iptables binary due to ROM incompatabilites. Your ROM must support and have iptables binary included.
- Private testing versions only to fix bugs.
- Rewrite to support (basic) proxy auth
- Disabled https as it cannot work transparently
- Fix to work nexus one not having multiport module
- Included 'iptables' binary
- Internal only version
- Fix for broken 'su' parsing by splitting the iptables script into 2 scripts to start/stop
- Broken version not working with 'su' correctly
- Abritrary forwarding (i.e. 80,443,++++) -but the upstream proxy needs to allow those ports which it seems many b*stard proxies don't. Use a VPN for that if you can.
- NTLM support