Any information would and will be extremely appreciated..
Thanx in advance...
Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Round of applause for nenn. While I agree with your first few sentences, there aren't many "nice guys" on this site and especially on the Evo boards. People tend to forget that this phone is relatively new and has attracted many new people to the world of Android (like myself) who know nothing about anything.
OP: A few things you can do with root that nenn did not mention:
1) You can read/write from your SD card.
2) You can remove all the garbage that your phone came loaded with from Sprint and HTC (like Sprint Nascar and Peep).
3) With Titanium back-up, it allows you to transfer all user apps to the SD card keeping your phones internal memory clean, you can back up and restore all apps and system data, and you can use it to uninstall apps you don't want as mentioned in point #2.
4) Custom kernels also remove the 30 fps cap on our phones (I get 52 fps average with my set up).
5) You can use other root-only programs like ROM Manager which lets you flash files onto your phone easily via a custom recovery. Also, you can back up several ROM's and switch from one to the other, or go back to a previous working ROM if you flash something on your phone that doesn't sit well with it.
If everything that we have mentioned means nothing to you, then just enjoy your phone as it is. It is a great device and you can get plenty of use out if without rooting it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|