The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Guide] How to root!

OP adeadrat

29th August 2010, 04:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tibro
Thanks Meter: 25

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
As im tired of new thread and posts how to root I will show with pictures and text exactly what to do!

1. Download unrevoked3 choose wildfire and click unrevoked3.

You should also read THIS, info from unrevoked.

2. install the usb drivers! Follow this guide to do that :
http://www.unrevoked.com/rootwiki/do...driver_install

3. go to the settings in your phone, go to the applications meny, go to the development meny and make sure "USB debugging" are checked

4. start unrevoked3 plugin the phone if its not. The unrevoked3 reflash should now do alot of things: DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE! (u can touch it but dont unplug or click any buttons)

5. it should now be done. And you should se a menu with green text in it.

6. Gratz you have manage to install a new custom recovery. lets start flash a new ROM.

7. start with backup, go down the menu with the volume buttons. and go to nandroid click the touch pad.

in the nandroid menu chose "- Backup"
let it do the backup and when its done you should be back at the start menu in your recovery.

8.Now lets flash the ROM wich you should have on your SDcard. if not click "reboot system now" and move the ROM you want to flash to the SDcard

9.to get back in the recovery. shut down the phone. and when you start it again have the touchpad pushed down and click the power button.

chose "BOOTLOADER" with the powebutton
let it load and then chose "RECOVERY" also with powerbutton

10. Chose factory reset. then go down the meny to "advanced" and then reset dalvik I think it says( cant check this now)

11. go down to the "install zip from sdcard"
"choose zip from sdcard"
and find the ROM or files you want to flash in that menu
What order you should flash the files in are best described at each ROMs thread
currently wildpuzzleROM is the only ROM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761927

Let me know if there is something thats not correct here or something I need to clarify
Last edited by adeadrat; 15th September 2010 at 01:20 AM.
29th August 2010, 04:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

154 posts
SUB debugging?
29th August 2010, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tibro

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
USB ofc probably more typos in there ;D
29th August 2010, 08:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

112 posts
More
Won't work for me. Installed the USB drivers ok, enabled USB debugging, but Revoked3 just sits there waiting for device when it's connected.

Anyone used it successfully?

Cheers,

BS...
29th August 2010, 08:17 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Flag Beograd, Uzice
Thanks Meter: 2,773

2,157 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstone

Won't work for me. Installed the USB drivers ok, enabled USB debugging, but Revoked3 just sits there waiting for device when it's connected.

Anyone used it successfully?

Cheers,

BS...

same problem with me, not work....
29th August 2010, 08:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tibro

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
try to unplug and plug the phone in again.. are you 100% sure the rigth drivers are installed ? if yes to both go to applications on the settings menu check unknown sources or something like that..

if it still doesnt work I dont know..
but my best guess.. is look at the USB driver guide again and follow it step by step..
29th August 2010, 11:22 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

112 posts
More
Sussed it, Win 7 64bit was the problem. Switched to my 32bit Netbook and it worked a treat.

Cheers,

BS...
29th August 2010, 11:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 7

183 posts
More
sick of ppl asking???? when there is not proper guide for newbie like me???
and pls don be upset that... Ur guide is not a complete one, left out some steps and also not clearly state... you are writing it as per your understanding and not helping newbies to go thru it steps by steps...

and FYI the usb debugging must be on for HTC Sync also, read the help menu in the HTC Sync it will show you how to switch it on...
and in between step 3 & 4 u need to power off the phone and switch it on by holding the power and the volume down button together to get into the bootloader mode... then it will run a lil of things and it will show you USB **** on the screen after it finished load.... then u can flash it with the unrevoked3 program...

ok i have done all the things, which shown on unrevoked... and i still face some problem pls help me all the masters...

its said :
Communications with Phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try Again...

any know whats wrong with the connection??? BTW i already uninstall the HTC Sync also... it can detect my phone but communication error...
Last edited by michael9413; 30th August 2010 at 12:03 AM.
29th August 2010, 11:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tibro

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
have you tried to manually install the drivers at unrevoked site ? that was the problem when I got stuck..

do the unrevoked flash program say communication error. ?
30th August 2010, 12:07 AM   |  #10  
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 7

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeadrat

have you tried to manually install the drivers at unrevoked site ? that was the problem when I got stuck..

do the unrevoked flash program say communication error. ?

yes i had done everything on the unrevoked site...
yes is the unrevoked program that say error... i have installed the driver for windows also and uninstall HTC Sync...

bro, sorry to be harsh but pls amend the guide it really left out the restart step, switch it on in boot loader mode and also the USB debugging mode, although HTC Sync mention that but remind ppl to switch that on... there is only a few steps that i know of coz i'm stuck in communication error...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread